• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need someone to install a body lift on my Avalanche

I have installed about a dozen on Chevy trucks and Jeeps. I would recommend AGAINST putting one on your Ava. That's just me.

You also have to raise the front and rear bumpers up 3". Also, if you have the factory rear hitch, you will have to buy or make spacers and 3'' longer bolts for where it bolts to the rear bumper. Your radiator will be 3'' higher than the fan and you could run into over heating problems.

Break lines, shifter linkage, steering shaft, fan shroud, radiator hoses, heater hoses, A/C lines will all be effected by the body being 3'' further away from the frame and engine.

You will save your self a ton of head aches if you just save a little longer and get a suspension lift.

Of course. I am 48 years old and way beyond wanting a lifted truck. I have done my time in the mud and the shop. Thank God I have out grown it. But I can't blame anyone else who wants to go through it them selves.

Being you are going to have to pay someone else to do the work for you though, I think you will end up spending as much on the problems the body lift causes you, that in the end you could have gone the suspension route and been happier.

That's my .02
Couldn't agree more. If you want to lift , suspension is the way to go.

I have installed about a dozen on Chevy trucks and Jeeps. I would recommend AGAINST putting one on your Ava. That's just me.

You also have to raise the front and rear bumpers up 3". Also, if you have the factory rear hitch, you will have to buy or make spacers and 3'' longer bolts for where it bolts to the rear bumper. Your radiator will be 3'' higher than the fan and you could run into over heating problems.

Break lines, shifter linkage, steering shaft, fan shroud, radiator hoses, heater hoses, A/C lines will all be effected by the body being 3'' further away from the frame and engine.

You will save your self a ton of head aches if you just save a little longer and get a suspension lift.

Of course. I am 48 years old and way beyond wanting a lifted truck. I have done my time in the mud and the shop. Thank God I have out grown it. But I can't blame anyone else who wants to go through it them selves.

Being you are going to have to pay someone else to do the work for you though, I think you will end up spending as much on the problems the body lift causes you, that in the end you could have gone the suspension route and been happier.

That's my .02

Make it a nickel.

Body lifts make things not work as the should.

Back
Top Bottom