• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need VW Jetta help

was it in the engine it self?
It's due to the front end body of the beetle that's wrapped around the engine

A lot more room in the Jetta and golf

I down loaded the official Vw manual and flip to the part about the alternator and I swear , the first sentence says
"Begin by removing both front fenders ....."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's due to the front end body of the beetle that's wrapped around the engine

A lot more room in the Jetta and golf

I down loaded the official Vw manual and flip to the part about the alternator and I swear , the first sentence says
"Begin by removing both front fenders ....."

So I called around and the cheapest place wanted $1650 to do it

Grrrr

We did disconnect the battery. But the fella that helped me (well, that did most of the work) is not a gentle mechanic. I never heard so much cussing of Germans!

That VW was a real PITA to work on. Craziest assembly I've ever seen. We might have knocked it loose or cracked/bumped it. We did ask my son, the driver, and he confirmed the speedo was working just before we took it apart.
I have owned two Jettas one of which was a rare 90 two door and two Foxes. Well actually three Foxes . My first car was a 76 Audi Fox. Anyway water cooled VW/Audi cars are a love hate relationship. They're cool cars when they're new but weird **** goes wrong with them that doesn't happen to other makes. I really learned this first hand when I worked for an independent VW/Audi shop in Macon in 06/07. But if I learned one valuable thing from the shop owner and only mechanic that was if you are going to own a later water cooled VW is better be the diesel/TDI models. And you really need to budget for owning VWs and Audis just like you would for any other European car.If you don't you will wind up hating your car. These aren't Toyotas we're talking about. They NEED their maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom