• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negative feedback

Right ^^ i quit dealing on here a while back after i had been skipped for guns i clearly stated id take them and they sold to other members i had no negative feed back and told the mods and nothing, but have seen negative feedback wiped.
Just because you want an item doesn't mean the person has to make a deal with you. H is free to deal with whomever he wants. someone might have been closer, made a better trade offer ECT.
Price or trade asked are only a place to start negotiations. We don't do auctions but if some one offers a better deal they are free to take it. Just can't solicit more bids.

Had a member stand me up for a sale at a location I was already at to purchase an item (a long ways away from where I live) we hadn't agreed via PM to time and place, but he said he would be passing right by, en route to a family vacation. I waited for a couple hours, for a guy who made it sound like he just couldn't get his family in the car. Finally, he calls and says that he can't make it, at any time, for any price. I get home, and realize the Gen 4, G-19 with the Nibx slide I drove all the way down there to buy is ragged out and beat to sh*t for the price that I paid. The pin for the backstrap is broken, and I'll probably have to take it back to Glock to replace the frame, because it was going to be a gift for my brother when he gets out of the navy. I've wasted 4 hours, and a couple hundred bucks, waiting on bad merchandise and idiot buyers. Ultimately, it was worth it. I didn't leave any negs because it was all on me. I should have looked more closely at what I was buying, and not wasted my time sitting around, waiting on a flake. I'm not presenting this scenario to defend the idiots and flakes on here, just saying I learned a valuable lesson that day. And, I'd always rather be the honest trader who wastes time trusting an a**hole, than the a**hole who wastes someone else's time. I only have to put up with their s**t for a few hours. They have to live that s**t their whole lives. THAT'S karma.

According to the rules you have to have a set price, time and place agreed on by both parties. So no, that's not enough to get a negative

May want to note that if you are running Tapatalk on your phone it will show you logging in even if you are not actually doing it.

I would suggest utilizing the ignore list if it bugs you

Fair enough. For the record, he didn't 'not' respond, but rather responded with 'I'll touch base with you Monday' and 'I'll hold this for you.' I guess that's the reason I thought it was a solid deal. Oh well.

Had a member stand me up for a sale at a location I was already at to purchase an item (a long ways away from where I live) we hadn't agreed via PM to time and place, but he said he would be passing right by, en route to a family vacation. I waited for a couple hours, for a guy who made it sound like he just couldn't get his family in the car. Finally, he calls and says that he can't make it, at any time, for any price. I get home, and realize the Gen 4, G-19 with the Nibx slide I drove all the way down there to buy is ragged out and beat to sh*t for the price that I paid. The pin for the backstrap is broken, and I'll probably have to take it back to Glock to replace the frame, because it was going to be a gift for my brother when he gets out of the navy. I've wasted 4 hours, and a couple hundred bucks, waiting on bad merchandise and idiot buyers. Ultimately, it was worth it. I didn't leave any negs because it was all on me. I should have looked more closely at what I was buying, and not wasted my time sitting around, waiting on a flake. I'm not presenting this scenario to defend the idiots and flakes on here, just saying I learned a valuable lesson that day. And, I'd always rather be the honest trader who wastes time trusting an a**hole, than the a**hole who wastes someone else's time. I only have to put up with their s**t for a few hours. They have to live that s**t their whole lives. THAT'S karma.

What is the protocol when you go to buy a gun, and the condition is not what was stated or implied in the ad?

Do you still have to buy something that is broken or worn way beyond what was advertised, or do you have an "out"?

I do feel like there should be some recourse, other than taking a "defective" product...

What is the protocol when you go to buy a gun, and the condition is not what was stated or implied in the ad?

Do you still have to buy something that is broken or worn way beyond what was advertised, or do you have an "out"?

I do feel like there should be some recourse, other than taking a "defective" product...
You have no obligation to buy the item if you don't want it.

Hell, it can be exactly as described in the ad and you STILL don't have to buy it.

The ONLY thing that the feedback system here is for is to SHOW UP at the agreed place on time.

You have no obligation to buy the item if you don't want it.

Hell, it can be exactly as described in the ad and you STILL don't have to buy it.

The ONLY thing that the feedback system here is for is to SHOW UP at the agreed place on time.

Good to know, that makes sense

And I though if you drove 60 minutes it was implied you needed to buy/sell unless the deal was grossly misrepresentated.
Yeah Man I can see where you're coming from. If I drive an hour to buy,sale, or trade and the product is exactly as described then there's no reason the deal should'nt go down unless you're dealing with a bonehead (that will only happen once with that particular bonehead) . It's what used to be called being a stand up guy or common sense. But that's just the way we've been doing things around here or down here I should say

Back
Top Bottom