• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Neighbor Dog Aggressive On My Property

Hey folks. Need your advice on a legal matter. So the up front details. I live in a townhouse community. There are HOA posted leash laws for dogs and pets. When on common grounds you MUST have your dog leashed. I myself abide by them with my Boxer boy as he can be very hyper. This dog is a constant nuisance to other animals and people.

So I have a neighbor who routinely NEVER has her dog (pit/terrier mix) on a leash in a common ground open area behind our house. On the main level to this area it is open to our back doors. Last night before dinner my 2 year old son was standing inside at our back patio doors when out of nowhere this unleashed dog comes flying up to our backdoor snarling and barking at my son. I'm confident if the door wasn't closed this dog would have got my son. The owner was nowhere to be seen as she was on her porch. I of course EDC in my house regularly. My original response was "this dog is on my property at my backdoor aggressively trying to go after my son". My right should be to protect my family in any way necessary.

Question-do I have legal right to use lethal force on this animal if I feel my family or my life is in danger? Thanks in advance folks!
Boom-when it affects protecting my family

Back
Top Bottom