• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New ACSS Reticle ACOG

2 things wrong with it.

1) It's an ACOG...dated design. Rugged yes, but better options that are more flexible for the same $$$$

2) Why do people like getting BDC reticles? I mean they are typically caliber, ammo type and barrel length limited. Very constricting and makes the BDC useless for most anything else.

2 things wrong with it.

1) It's an ACOG...dated design. Rugged yes, but better options that are more flexible for the same $$$$

2) Why do people like getting BDC reticles? I mean they are typically caliber, ammo type and barrel length limited. Very constricting and makes the BDC useless for most anything else.

You'd rather have a 1-4x?

You'd rather have a 1-4x?
Yes, and use one. Also, 1-6 and 1-8 are becoming more common, and some are coming down in price.

upload_2017-8-9_17-46-5.png

Yes, and use one. Also, 1-6 and 1-8 are becoming more common, and some are coming down in price.

View attachment 1274117

That's cool, but doesn't even seem in the same category to me. Someone looking for a red dot, which this is basically a replacement of, isn't looking for a long-tubed variable magnification scope. I'm not against that necessarily, but this to me would be something that would replace something like an Aimpoint. I like the concept, and the reticle looks nice for longer-range shooting if you needed it.

That's cool, but doesn't even seem in the same category to me. Someone looking for a red dot, which this is basically a replacement of, isn't looking for a long-tubed variable magnification scope. I'm not against that necessarily, but this to me would be something that would replace something like an Aimpoint. I like the concept, and the reticle looks nice for longer-range shooting if you needed it.
To each their own, I have truly tried to like ACOGs, but every time I try one, I just get disappointed at the poor eye relief and fixed power. Then you see the cost and I just realize, its not for me.

The LPVO option is a great option for those who like red dots, but wish for more magnification without being stuck with fixed power optics or bulky magnifiers.

For me, I get optically confused (if that makes sense) for anything 50 yards and in with an ACOG. The fixed power, even with their low 1.5x, disorientates me quickly.

Back
Top Bottom