new ccw rig

Exact same light about to go on mine for bedside table duty as soon as brush my teeth and get her out of the holster for the evening. I've thought about trying to get a custom holster for the 300x ultra, but I figure for my own comfort I'll stick with my little pocket clip surefire backup for EDC. Boss setup btw.

Can someone point me to a case where the prosecution hinged on a modified gun? I keep hearing this but have never been able to find one. Now I understand if you engrave killem all on it it could be a problem, but I fail to see how making a weapon safer for bystanders would be a problem. That being said I carry with the original barrel and a standard glock 19 mag. The only mod that stays is the rmr.

Maybe I should have said a lawyer's dream. You are correct that it would be tough to reverse a criminal trial, but when mommy sues you for killing her child in civil court you will have a problem. The lawyer will turn a 'the punisher' backplate on your glock into you being a blood seeking vigilante. Trigger lightening would make you a mass murderer. There was a case of a guy that spent time in jail (years) for using 10mm ammo in self defense, but it was eventually overturned. The biggest no-no for criminal court would be removing a factory exterior safety from the gun. Lightening the trigger pull could also be a problem. You may get away with it criminally, but your reputation might be shredded in the process; fairly or unfairly.

yea i tend not to mess with internals. but as to a civil case. I was under the impression that the stand your ground laws protected you from a civil suit if no criminal charges are filed.

Back
Top Bottom