• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New cleaning kit.

paliknight

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
2   0
Reaction score
There are too many out there to search and determine whats best and what the best deal is.

What do you guys recommend? I lost mine while moving and need a new cleaning kit.

Weapons: AR15's, SCAR, DDM4 ISR (coming in 9 months), and handguns (semi-auto). No shotties or bolt-actions or any of the other good stuff people usually have.

Get yourself a good cleaning rod with a smooth ball bearing system in the handle and either graphite or a coated rod that will not harm the barrel with contact. That's probably the single most important piece.

For the rest of it, I use a hodgepodge of cleaners, lubes, brushes, etc.

I buy the cheap hoppes orange kit from Walmart . I am harsh on cleaning kits . I break rods , I destroy brushes and once they are worn out I chunk the unusable items and buy another kit .

Don't waste money on the fancy kits with all the extra crap you don't need.

Thats what I've been using for 10 years, supplemented by an Otters kit I acquired. I just buy more Hoppes 9 and patches as needed. I also recently got some Ballistol that I like.

I use homemade bamboo rods, whale oil, and used underwear.
Bushcraft style.

Exclusive clip_ Legend of Mick Dodge reveals weird pinecone uses.jpg

I have been meaning to get one of those one piece composite rods and guides for my AR's. Right now I am still using the same shotguns cleaning kit my father had before I was born and one of those orange cleaning kits I got 20 years ago. I try to be gentle when cleaning so I haven't broke anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom