• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

+++New GA Ruling..+++

It seems we have successfully pushed the fed over the cliff. Make a call for unreasonable federal legislations, and the states will take action.

Now all we need is to clean up our fiscal problem, reduce our state tax, get rid of ad valorum in totality, and drug test for entitlement receipients.

Its sad the city of atlanta cant pay for its own anything amd has to use state funds............but what do you expect when the majority of inhabitants are parasitic and the ones who paid taxes broke off into thier own seperate municipalities.

Please distinguish between "entitlement" (designated by CONTRACT) and "welfare" (without contract). You guys need to learn your terms.

Ok I'm a little tired and brain is starting to shut down but s this basically the same thing that Wyoming and Texas put into play that would nullify any type of federal gun legislation?

This is similar legislation which, even if passed and put into law in the state, would probably be ruled a violation of the Constitution by the courts and struck down. Heck, the wording of this one would "nullify" "registration" of any firearm (so much for "pre/post" ban machine guns in Georgia). Do you honestly think that the courts wouldn't strike such a thing down?

This type of legislation isn't to protect/preserve/enhance our rights. It's to spend money ensuring that the position of Georgia regarding the 2nd Amendment is known and understood, but it won't help us in any other way really. That's my opinion anyway.

Just sent an email to my Rep thanking them for their support of this. I cc'd my State Senator on it too.

This type of legislation isn't to protect/preserve/enhance our rights. It's to spend money ensuring that the position of Georgia regarding the 2nd Amendment is known and understood, but it won't help us in any other way really. That's my opinion anyway.

I agree, except for the last part. I think the way to protect/preserve/enhance our rights is ensure that the position of Georgia is known.

If enough states stand up and say "Not Here", they won't get traction on a national level. Washington may decide to deflect gun control to a "state issue" and then Georgians will remain free for a while longer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom