• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Nightforce Mil-XT reticle

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
I’m liking the looks of this. I’ve wanted a center dot since I was asked to give input on the original MOAR reticle.

I was looking to buy an ATACR 7-35x for my .338 Lapua and was gonna get the TReMoR3 reticle. Now I’m not so sure.

6B3BD643-B6E6-4810-AF6B-AB48BEB0A24B.jpeg

They are going to sell a lot of them. The .2 MIL is done right, as its pretty easy to see where you are at with the way they staggered them without having to count. I like they left the top open, my MD3 Vudu is like that and I definitely prefer that after using it for a while and I love center dots MUCH more than a crosshair. Don't see anything wrong here. My only wish is that more companies would find a way to give a larger reference point for the center when you are dialed down to minimum magnification on a FFP. That circle makes all the difference at lower power on movers. Bushnell did it right with the G2H, seems there should be more than a few simple ways to skin that cat.
41ZRPYIoczL.jpg

I agree with Burdy somewhat.
Bushnell did a great all purpose rectical with the G2H.
The mil-xt NF has is aimed to push sales in the competition arena which seems to be dominated by the x-mas tree recticals here lately.
SKM2 and SKM3 are examples.

It is a growing process for NF and I hope to see more new recticals from them.

I have NF, Kahles and Vortex at this time.
One of the best recticals I have used lately has the small floating dot for long range because it doesn't cover the view of the target.
The bolder side extensions work well on low magnification.

Precision Rifle Blog and Accurate Shooter are great websites to catch up on what the top shooters use.

I agree with Burdy somewhat.
Bushnell did a great all purpose rectical with the G2H.
The mil-xt NF has is aimed to push sales in the competition arena which seems to be dominated by the x-mas tree recticals here lately.
SKM2 and SKM3 are examples.

It is a growing process for NF and I hope to see more new recticals from them.

I have NF, Kahles and Vortex at this time.
One of the best recticals I have used lately has the small floating dot for long range because it doesn't cover the view of the target.
The bolder side extensions work well on low magnification.

Precision Rifle Blog and Accurate Shooter are great websites to catch up on what the top shooters use.

I don’t compete, but I shoot long range and Instruct. I’ve had a liking for the floating center dot since I was shooting IOR scopes a long while back.

I’m liking the looks of this. I’ve wanted a center dot since I was asked to give input on the original MOAR reticle.

I was looking to buy an ATACR 7-35x for my .338 Lapua and was gonna get the TReMoR3 reticle. Now I’m not so sure.

View attachment 1921526

Similar to the German reticle on some brand of scopes.

I have a good number of reticles with a floating center dot. Like them just fine. Until I shot a SKMR3 reticle. Love the open center

I’ve shot the open center reticles and they’re not for me. I’ve got several buddies that love them.

Fun fact: the “XT” stands for “Xmas Tree”.

I have a good number of reticles with a floating center dot. Like them just fine. Until I shot a SKMR3 reticle. Love the open center
I had a demo gun for about a month with a Kahles with the SKMR3 on it and I don't remember it being completely open. Doesn't it have a small floating dot too?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom