• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New old stock 14.5" Colt Socom AR barrel with front sight $189

The OP in that thread actually posted some really good, in-depth info on the Socom barrel before all the mud slinging started.

Molon's reviews were awesome, and the reason I bought the barrel along with some other stuff I didn't need! I remember when Grant started the mudslinging and within a day or so P5 put a crap ton more up for sale...almost to spite him. To their credit they ignored that thread and just keep on keepin on.

I was impressed with mine and the one I bought for my buddy--he texted me the first time he shot it and was extremely impressed with his groupings...

As soon as I can get a good optic on mine ,I'm sure I will be smiling too :)

Short range work (25--50 yds) with the carry handle sights are dern near a ragged hole .

Molon's reviews were awesome, and the reason I bought the barrel along with some other stuff I didn't need! I remember when Grant started the mudslinging and within a day or so P5 put a crap ton more up for sale...almost to spite him. To their credit they ignored that thread and just keep on keepin on.
I know they had 7 of them listed on GB right after Christmas and they sat unsold for weeks, but my wallet was still light from the holidays so I missed out on those. I was really bummed, but kept checking GB daily to see if they listed anymore. So when I saw them put 3 more up, I immediately did a buy-it-now on 1 and then posted the link to the other 2 here. Evidently there were a bunch of people watching to see if they listed anymore, because the other 2 sold pretty fast.

So... BangBang BangBang ...what's the plan with this barrel???
Back in December I got my SBR stamp back for my Mega lower. I've slowly been buying parts here and there to put it together.

This is the stuff I know I'll be using so far:

Mega forged upper and lower
Magpul MOE grip, stock and enhanced trigger guard
Fail Zero nib BCG
Colt 14.5" Socom barrel:D

Stuff I'm still undecided on:

I still haven't decided on the hanguard. I've got a cheap UTG PRO quad rail laying around, but I also like the MOE.

Not sure about the LPK either. I've got a PSA LPK in the safe, but may go with a 3lb drop in trigger.

As far as the charging handle, I've got a Mega slidelock ambi that I bought for this build, but after running it in another AR for awhile, I'm really not liking it a whole lot. I'll probably just go with a milspec CH with an extended latch.

I was thinking about a carry handle for this gun, but after hearing you and fattboyzz fattboyzz talk about the accuracy of this barrel, I may go with an optic and back up irons.

I know they had 7 of them listed on GB right after Christmas and they sat unsold for weeks, but my wallet was still light from the holidays so I missed out on those. I was really bummed, but kept checking GB daily to see if they listed anymore. So when I saw them put 3 more up, I immediately did a buy-it-now on 1 and then posted the link to the other 2 here. Evidently there were a bunch of people watching to see if they listed anymore, because the other 2 sold pretty fast.

Back in December I got my SBR stamp back for my Mega lower. I've slowly been buying parts here and there to put it together.

This is the stuff I know I'll be using so far:

Mega forged upper and lower
Magpul MOE grip, stock and enhanced trigger guard
Fail Zero nib BCG
Colt 14.5" Socom barrel:D

Stuff I'm still undecided on:

I still haven't decided on the hanguard. I've got a cheap UTG PRO quad rail laying around, but I also like the MOE.

Not sure about the LPK either. I've got a PSA LPK in the safe, but may go with a 3lb drop in trigger.

As far as the charging handle, I've got a Mega slidelock ambi that I bought for this build, but after running it in another AR for awhile, I'm really not liking it a whole lot. I'll probably just go with a milspec CH with an extended latch.

I was thinking about a carry handle for this gun, but after hearing you and fattboyzz fattboyzz talk about the accuracy of this barrel, I may go with an optic and back up irons.

Sounds like a sweet build! Since you're SBR, you won't have to pin the FH like I did. I used a KAC NT4 because I planned on using the KAC NT4QDSS suppressor but I just couldn't get those kinds of funds together...

I was running a KAC rear buis on my rifle and my buddy was using an ACOG. He removed a 14.5" M4 profile barrel and he was pretty unhappy with the accuracy of that barrel especially after it heated up some. You'll really like that SOCOM...it's gonna be great whichever kind of sights you put on it!

Sounds like a sweet build! Since you're SBR, you won't have to pin the FH like I did. I used a KAC NT4 because I planned on using the KAC NT4QDSS suppressor but I just couldn't get those kinds of funds together...

I was running a KAC rear buis on my rifle and my buddy was using an ACOG. He removed a 14.5" M4 profile barrel and he was pretty unhappy with the accuracy of that barrel especially after it heated up some. You'll really like that SOCOM...it's gonna be great whichever kind of sights you put on it!
Man, I looked at the KAC rail to go with the Socom barrel, but after I saw the price, I decided to stick with my UTG! lmao! I know KAC makes top of the line gear, but that quality comes with a serious price tag!

But yeah, I'm going with a standard A2 flash hider. I've actually got a pending form 1 for a 9mm suppressor and I figure I'll build it strong enough to handle 5.56 too. I know a 9mm suppressor won't be ideal for 5.56, but hopefully it'll at least knock it down to hearing safe levels.

Man, I looked at the KAC rail to go with the Socom barrel, but after I saw the price, I decided to stick with my UTG! lmao! I know KAC makes top of the line gear, but that quality comes with a serious price tag!

But yeah, I'm going with a standard A2 flash hider. I've actually got a pending form 1 for a 9mm suppressor and I figure I'll build it strong enough to handle 5.56 too. I know a 9mm suppressor won't be ideal for 5.56, but hopefully it'll at least knock it down to hearing safe levels.

I think I paid about $150 for my KAC RAS after it was all said and done. That was with the panels and the grip. You can find them cheaper if you are patient, they show up on arfcom and ebay...

Back
Top Bottom