• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New pistol broken and dealer is........

You seem to be under the impression this thread is about helping the OP solve his problem. :noidea:

LOL. This reminds me of that Kel-Tec thread last year. Call Ruger and get a RMA number/label. I did it with my first gatt, a Tec-9, twice. They send it right back to your house.

cdn1.bigcommerce.com_n_63unu_ppse6sj0_products_89_images_280_m59df7155fde411773741b38cc32712f4.jpg

Is it the firing pin retaining pin - part number 17 in the above illustration?

Contact Ruger and I bet the damn pin is in your mailbox within the week. I've been in manufacturing my entire career...stuff slips by...it's how you handle the issue after the sale that counts...and in this case - deal with the manufacturer, not the store!

But check inside your receiver ( part -1) to make sure the inside isn't scored. If so, maybe the whole gun should go back.

Good luck OP!

False. If I buy something from Home Depot and it fails guess where I go? Back to the store and they take care of it! Can you imagine if every product had what you are saying?

Bad drill? Call Makita
Clothes don't fit? Call Fubu
Milk Spoiled day after you bought it? Call the Dairy

If the price structure for firearms was the same as for milk, clothes, jap power tools, etc, the retailer would be overjoyed to give you a new gun.

Cab you imagine what guns would sell for under quad-net pricing? Massive sale at half off and they are still holding a 5X greater margin over what the local gunstore sees on guns.

cdn1.bigcommerce.com_n_63unu_ppse6sj0_products_89_images_280_m59df7155fde411773741b38cc32712f4.jpg

Is it the firing pin retaining pin - part number 17 in the above illustration?

Contact Ruger and I bet the damn pin is in your mailbox within the week. I've been in manufacturing my entire career...stuff slips by...it's how you handle the issue after the sale that counts...and in this case - deal with the manufacturer, not the store!

But check inside your receiver ( part -1) to make sure the inside isn't scored. If so, maybe the whole gun should go back.

Good luck OP!
part # 21

Yeah ruger will take care of you. My "Stainless steel" ruger 1911 was covered in rust inside and out when new, sent it back to them they fixed it. Apparently some idiot was bead blasting the stainless guns in a cabinet used fir carbon steel parts effectively imbed ding my stainless gun with little pieces of carbon steel that would then rust.it was like a 6-7 day turn around including two day shipping each way.

If the price structure for firearms was the same as for milk, clothes, jap power tools, etc, the retailer would be overjoyed to give you a new gun.
Cab you imagine what guns would sell for under quad-net pricing? Massive sale at half off and they are still holding a 5X greater margin over what the local gunstore sees on guns.

Um...grocery stores operate on 2.5% margin.

Um...grocery stores operate on 2.5% margin.

That's a common target for net payable to the shareholders, at least it was when I was in the business. I think most gun stores, even those in large efficient "buying groups" operate on less gross margin than most retailers. Based on wholesales prices I've seen and the retail mark-up I'd guess about 20% average depending on the product manufacturer and type of product. Some go as high as 50% GPM, but that's rare.

Back
Top Bottom