• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New pistol broken and dealer is........

False. If I buy something from Home Depot and it fails guess where I go? Back to the store and they take care of it! Can you imagine if every product had what you are saying?

Bad drill? Call Makita
Clothes don't fit? Call Fubu
Milk Spoiled day after you bought it? Call the Dairy

My feelings exactly!!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble boys but it doesn't work that way the gun store isn't responsible for Ruger's quality control if the LGS does an unauthorised repair the warranty is void If you come in my store you will get the same response why should I make one of my guns unusable when its Ruger's issue.

ahh YEP!
if the gunsmith messes something up then Ruger may void the warranty or want the guy shop to pay for any repair, as for removing a part from a new weapon to install into a sold weapon, well that's just bad business!
would you want to buy a NEW gun that had parts removed and then replaced with other parts.
SOP what the gun shop said as far as I am concerned, and I was in the gun business for a while.
that policy covers everyones butt.

Just bought a new Ruger 22/45 lite mark III. Went to the range and had a lot of FTF. After changing ammo brands still FTF. OK maybe it just needs to be cleaned and lube. Taking down a Ruger Mark is not a problem for me due owning 3 of them. Well this one would not break down without having to use a punch to push the main spring assembly pin through (it was tight). Once the assembly came out it was time to remove the firing pin assembly and that is where the problem was. Apparently the keeper of the spring was broken into two pieces, not allowing for the bolt to function. Hummm this pistol is only 6 days old. I took the gun back to the dealer and was told by an employee that i could take the gun to their gunsmith and pay him for the repair. Or, they would send the pistol back to Ruger and wait 6 to 8 weeks. My thought process was 1: you have 8 or 9 mark III's on the shelf why not remove the part and install on my gun while they wait for a replacement. 2: why not let your gunsmith fix it with a new spring and call it good customer relationship. I guess my question is... am i asking too much of the dealer?
IF ITS A RUGER JUST CALL RUGER THEY WILL RESOLVE THE PROBLEM

Never heard of any dealer that will do repairs. At best they will send it back to the manufacturer for free.

Like many others said, simply call Ruger. I've never had them keep a gun for more than a week or so, and they will send a mailing label so you can just drop it off at FedEx.

Back
Top Bottom