• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Rifle for 2017-18 Deer Season

Moving my youngest son away from the .243 Win. and up to .308 Win. Had a 700 BDL Varmint cut down and threaded:
IMG_4306.JPG

I'll be rockin my Henry All Weather in .357mag

Got it back in June as a graduation present to myself. I love it. Taken it on several 3-5 mile woods walks and its such a great gun in the woods. Only weighs 7 pounds and holds 10+1. a great point and shoot rifle with surprising accuracy. Although I'm thinking of upgrading to a skinner peep sight, and I might make a nice black leather sling for it.

View attachment 1332469
Beautiful dog!!!

CVA 45-70 with Vortex 3-9X40

My man! Another CVA fan. If you decide it is a keeper I would love to drop some Krylon on that for you with some webbing spray. Take off the recoil pad and stuff it full of plastic grocery bags to deaden the hollow sound. Try not to giggle every time you pull the trigger. I will probably pick up another .35 Whelen or 45/70 soon. I let my a friend borrow my .35 Whelen last year. He killed 5 deer with all Bang Flops. He asked how much I would sell it for here scope and all. I told him the price and he broke out the cash. Fill me in in the range report.

My man! Another CVA fan. If you decide it is a keeper I would love to drop some Krylon on that for you with some webbing spray. Take off the recoil pad and stuff it full of plastic grocery bags to deaden the hollow sound. Try not to giggle every time you pull the trigger. I will probably pick up another .35 Whelen or 45/70 soon. I let my a friend borrow my .35 Whelen last year. He killed 5 deer with all Bang Flops. He asked how much I would sell it for here scope and all. I told him the price and he broke out the cash. Fill me in in the range report.

Thanks. I may take you up on those modifications. That thing kicks like a mule - hard to sight it in. I would like to put a muzzle brake on it to try to help hold it down. Any suggestions?

This is going to be my primary this year. I have a stand that they are coming in at 25 yards three at a time heavily - mostly doe right now. I am excited!!!!

Attachments

• 12 gauge with red dot.jpg
    12 gauge with red dot.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom