• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Section: Tactics & Training ???

Do you support a new forum section called "Tactics & Training"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to create the section tonight and we will see how it goes.

I'm really not interested in creating a forum for professionals, it has to be open to everyone without them being asked where they got their training if it is something a pro doesn't agree with.

So you would prefer a forum for the tactics & training that might save someones life or get them killed to be dominated by amateurs opinions?

Who installs the brakes on your car? Someone who watched it done on youtube or a person who has made it their profession & does it everyday?

All the other major gun forums have several more experienced members who collectively "sort out" silly or dangerous opinions.

There should probably be a disclaimer,"For entertainment purposes only".

I am a professional software tester and I do my own brakes on all 3 of my vehicles. I also clean my own guns, mow my own lawn, write my own short stories, and do my own laundry, none of which make me money in the process. Does that mean I shouldnt be able to tell someone what i think is the best way to iron a shirt?

"Who installs the brakes on your car? Someone who watched it done on youtube or a person who has made it their profession & does it everyday?"

The one we choose to use as we should be able to choose from in T&T forum. IMO ( I do my own brakes )

Last edited:
I am a professional software tester and I do my own brakes on all 3 of my vehicles. I also clean my own guns, mow my own lawn, write my own short stories, and do my own laundry, none of which make me money in the process. Does that mean I shouldnt be able to tell someone what i think is the best way to iron a shirt?

No, but I'd rather learn about it from an expert drycleaner if a person was holding a gun to my childs head & was threatening to kill them if I got the creases wrong.

No offense.

Last edited:
No, but I'd rather learn about from an expert drycleaner if a person was holding a gun to my childs head & was threatening to kill them if I got the creases wrong.

No offense.

And here is my concern With this forum. This is a discussion forum for everyone, not a tactics blog hosted by professionals. People come here to participate in discussions and offer there opinions on a variety of topics. If one of those topics is tactics and training, they should be able to offer up their opinion without worry of being berated for it not being considered correct by some.

I like the idea for the forum but I just don't know if it is right for this environment. I'm afraid it would very quickly become hostile. I'll mull it over some more and listen to some more opinions on the subject.

I love the idea. Free professional advice? Yeah, throw me into that brier patch. Police yourself, guys, if you don't like the advice (amateur or pro) move on. I think it would be a positive forum.

It would sure be a great section for the mall ninjas...

One of many reasons I voted no. Reminds me of the people that look for legal or medical advice on the internet. Spend the money and get some training with a good instructor. Take what you learn and practice, practice, then practice some more. There is already an abundance of poor tactical advice on this site, by people that have no real world clue as to what they are advising. Vetted instructors or people that make their living carrying a weapon should offer advice regardless if there is a designated place or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom