• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Section: Tactics & Training ???

Do you support a new forum section called "Tactics & Training"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is my concern With this forum. This is a discussion forum for everyone, not a tactics blog hosted by professionals. People come here to participate in discussions and offer there opinions on a variety of topics. If one of those topics is tactics and training, they should be able to offer up their opinion without worry of being berated for it not being considered correct by some.

I like the idea for the forum but I just don't know if it is right for this environment. I'm afraid it would very quickly become hostile. I'll mull it over some more and listen to some more opinions on the subject.

So you arent willing to add a section dedicated to professionals and other skilled folks? I think it would actually help this site. GlockTalk has a section called "Ask the experts" that works very well. I know I know..........this isnt GT.

I think maybe it should be a "shooting" forum as opposed to a firearms chat. Firearms chat for information about guns themselves, with a "shooting" forum for actually using them, etc, etc. Any tactics or training discussion would be within it.

I'm for it, I don't think it needs to be for professionals to give advise only. As far as I know the only professionals are Monte and the LEOs, but that doesn't mean that someone else won't have valuable info to pass along. Were all relatively intelligent people and can decide for ourselves what's useful vs what's BS. Worst case Steve does open it and he can always shut it down later if it doesn't work out.

I agree everyone has a right to voice their opinion. I talk to several of my past students & Instructors regularly about related matters in a constructive manner where we learn from each other.
I just wish some people would do a little research on a subject before vehemently making a statement that disagrees with or totally refutes what is being taught by the best training schools in the country.

So you arent willing to add a section dedicated to professionals and other skilled folks? I think it would actually help this site. GlockTalk has a section called "Ask the experts" that works very well. I know I know..........this isnt GT.

Who determines who the pro's are? What are the requirements? And why can't a "regular user" offer up their opinion on a matter without it getting escalated to "a gun to my child's head"

No, but I'd rather learn about from an expert drycleaner if a person was holding a gun to my childs head & was threatening to kill them if I got the creases wrong.

No offense.

That's not a dig at Monte in the least, I'm just using it as an example since it came up in this thread.

These are the kinds of things I just don't like when these conversations get going. Like it or not, this place is designed to be a fun forum where everyone can jump in to conversations and offer up there opinions. In my opinion, when it comes to this subject, it seems to go to "pros vs joes" in a hurry. This guy just wanted help with his aim and look where it went: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?33734-New-to-shooting-Help-with-aim

Just my opinion, like I said before, my mind isn't made up either way, I'm just letting you guy's know how I feel about it.

You guys are also welcome to start a "group" if you want to, I have absolutely no problem with that. I personally think that would be perfect for this situation.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/group.php

For anyone that doesn't know, a group is just like a mini forum that anyone can create here. We only have a couple right now. This is what they look like:

i51.tinypic.com_wmjtxh.png

I don't believe that you have to be a "pro" or an "expert" at all to offer up an opinion.
There are many threads on here that I've read in the past that had very intelligent comments from people I'm fairly certain were neither but were accurate & informative nonetheless.

I don't believe that you have to be a "pro" or an "expert" at all to offer up an opinion.
There are many threads on here that I've read in the past that had very intelligent comments from people I'm fairly certain were neither but were accurate & informative nonetheless.

Haha well said! wait....are you calling me dumb? =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom