• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Spikes Ambi lower receiver

Understood about keeping the thread true...I just stated my opinion about the lower..I have used and shot 3 different spikes built ar's and know that they function 100% lion the insides, now that I know that...I.move to my next build...which happens to be an aesthetic one! One that functions a well as a no frills ar and looks like a refined beast...that's where I am headed.

Post pics when it's done to show it off a little bit. I'm curious to see how it comes out.

Understood about keeping the thread true...I just stated my opinion about the lower..I have used and shot 3 different spikes built ar's and know that they function 100% lion the insides, now that I know that...I.move to my next build...which happens to be an aesthetic one! One that functions a well as a no frills ar and looks like a refined beast...that's where I am headed.

Perspective makes all the difference in the world. It's unfortunate that this thread has progressed in the direction it did and that's partly my fault. I'm a skeptic by nature. Just a suggestion, but this probably would have gone a different direction had you started out with a little less hyperbole and more information on the one you handled. The cost of that lower will turn alot of people away. But, I think we'd all like to hear about how your build progresses. Especially regarding your perception of how it all goes together, anything different about assembly, any issues, special features, fit between upper and lower, takedown/pivot pin fit, compatibility with standard forged uppers, weight comparisons vs forged, magazine compatibility, etc. You know, stuff that is meaningful beyond aesthetic appearance and more indicative of actual quality. That kind of information may actually convince someone that the juice is worth the squeeze. After all, we're all gun nuts and like seeing new stuff, even if it's something that we wouldn't personally own.

Last edited:
Perspective makes all the difference in the world. It's unfortunate that this thread has progressed in the direction it did and that's partly my fault. I'm a skeptic by nature. Just a suggestion, but this probably would have gone a different direction had you started out with a little less hyperbole and more information on the one you handled. The cost of that lower will turn alot of people away. But, I think we'd all like to hear about how your build progresses. Especially regarding your perception of how it all goes together, anything different about assembly, any issues, special features, fit between upper and lower, takedown/pivot pin fit, compatibility with standard forged uppers, weight comparisons vs forged, magazine compatibility, etc. You know, stuff that is meaningful beyond aesthetic appearance and more indicative of actual quality. That kind of information may actually convince someone that the juice is worth the squeeze. After all, we're all gun nuts and like seeing new stuff, even if it's something that we wouldn't personally own.

That's exactly what I was shooting for. ..a build progression with resolved issues as they arise. I agreed with the high cost in my posts as well as suggested it be priced @ $100 cheaper so you will see, I am along side you in that regard! I will make sure I do some sort of initial introduction in a next forum ...should I fare try it...like I said I'm new to all this, think I have said that a few times..so give me a break if I mess up in this post.

Last edited:
Too many examples over the years to cover them all. Suffice it to say, the owner doubled the price on lowers overnight after the 2008 elections and lied about his reasons. Since then, he has proven himself to be a douche of monumental proportions on numerous occasions.
Was not aware! Thx someone shed the light. Wow ya I can see why there is no love for Spikes... I see said the blind man...I see...

"Fit and Finish" is how the ignorant say they like something but cant tell why. Until you start testing corrosion resistance and mic the lower any statements on fit and finish are fluff.
Fit and finish is exactly that...the "fit" and the "finish" it is the fitment of parts and the finish of the product... meaning no tool marks present and all machine work is spot on with the coating as well. Quit Bieng so narcassitic dewd...you have had nothing substantial to say on here...anything stewing in that dome that is legitimately helpful?

Last edited:
Fit and finish is exactly that...the "fit" and the "finish" it is the fitment of parts and the finish of the product... meaning no tool marks present and all machine work is spot on with the coating as well. Quit Bieng so narcassitic dewd...you have had nothing substantial to say on here...anything stewing in that dome that is legitimately helpful?

And you say you aren't being confrontational? Geez man!

anything stewing in that dome that is legitimately helpful?

Yes. Tom is a lying sack of crap with the maturity of a child. He has been caught lying about his product and the product of his competitors so many times I have lost count. Pull out the spec sheet on anything you buy from him, wipe your ass with it and throw it away, because that is all it is worth. When you buy his product you have no idea what you are buying except for a pair of dueling dicks. **** him and his ****ty product.

Yes. Tom is a lying sack of crap with the maturity of a child. He has been caught lying about his product and the product of his competitors so many times I have lost count. Pull out the spec sheet on anything you buy from him, wipe your ass with it and throw it away, because that is all it is worth. When you buy his product you have no idea what you are buying except for a pair of dueling dicks. **** him and his ****ty product.

Boom!

Back
Top Bottom