• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New Spikes Ambi lower receiver

Norcal, just build what you like. If others don't like it, then so be it. I still have a Spikes lower (as it was the first stripped one I ever bought), and their ST-T2 buffer and has held up fine. I would never buy from them again given their lies about cost of material during the panic, and arguing with PSA over "test ammo" I which PSA publicly, yet passively ***** slapped them with and made Spikes look like a fool again....

I have built/repaired many AR's for some over the past few years and shockingly never had issues with a Spikes lower. The "literal" finish has held up well and I have never had or dealt with any out of spec threads/holes either. I have built probably 6 Spikes lowers up for myself or others and all have done ok. Again, the owners actions have driven their rep into the ground though. It's a shame too, because put side by side next to Delton, Anderson, or DPMS, they have the most consistent milling and anodizing by far....visually of the $50-$75 lowers. IN MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I have not had issues with their products. But like all manufacturers, bad ones get out and can sometimes cause some serious damage to a manufacturers name (Cough cough DB AR-15's). Maybe others have seen issues with Spikes, but I personally have not.

ODT is a thick skinned crowd. Take from it what you wish but there are some really knowledgeable guys on here (I'm not one of them) that can steer you in the right path if your ever wanting a solid, quality component rifle.

others may argue, but if you want the best of the best, dump that Spikes stuff and get a KAC SR-15.

... duly noted

Last edited:
Norcal... If you stick around long enough you'll see the the ODT community (and that's what we are) are really good at sniffing out the BS, bogus members and companies trying to talk up their product. It's just what happens...[/QUOTE]

More like...ODT community (at least in this thread) will accuse you for bieng a spy, fool, and whatever else lame ass comments made...That just what happened. I'll leave you backwoods lame f**** to circle jerk eachother you penny-less haters. (does not apply if you were not a flaming punk on this thread, but does apply if your about to...) lmao

Last edited:
...Will be pinned when I get it for the next 6 months before I relocate

More like...ODT community (at least in this thread) will accuse you for bieng a spy, fool, and whatever else lame ass comments made...That just what happened. I'll leave you backwoods lame f**** to circle jerk eachother you penny-less haters.

I'll have you know we have the best circle jerks this side of the Mason-Dixon. Penny less? More like a bunch of mean drunk rednecks. Now repeat after m "Come at me ************s!!!!"

To be fair, I have nothing against Californians, just the state itself. Really wish you all would get your politicians under control. Not like we don't have our own problems here, but your state is nucking futs.

To be fair, I have nothing against Californians, just the state itself. Really wish you all would get your politicians under control. Not like we don't have our own problems here, but your state is nucking futs.
Now that I can understand. ..believe me I hate these fools running the show, but we are outnumbered by Southern Cali!

Back
Top Bottom