• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Spikes Ambi lower receiver

Yes. Tom is a lying sack of crap with the maturity of a child. He has been caught lying about his product and the product of his competitors so many times I have lost count. Pull out the spec sheet on anything you buy from him, wipe your ass with it and throw it away, because that is all it is worth. When you buy his product you have no idea what you are buying except for a pair of dueling dicks. **** him and his ****ty product.

Oh dang!

Wow man didn't mean to get yall Georgians all worked up! I see there is more than no love for Spikes...rather a strong hatred...dare I even complete this build?! I'm might get stoned to death lmao...in all seriousness though, I am with you all on lying sack of sh@#$!. Stand up to what you did...wrong or right...you will at least be respected for standing honorably.

I don't want to sound like I'm joining the dog-pile, but are you a member of the Calguns forum? Those guys are going to be more familiar with state specific build issues.

California has some wacky, restrictive gun laws that most of us living in GA don't understand or even know about.

You might get advice here that could get you in trouble out there, just ask how many people here know what a 'bullet button' is.

I don't want to sound like I'm joining the dog-pile, but are you a member of the Calguns forum? Those guys are going to be more familiar with state specific build issues.

California has some wacky, restrictive gun laws that most of us living in GA don't understand or even know about.

You might get advice here that could get you in trouble out there, just ask how many people here know what a 'bullet button' is.

Good point. **** California too.

Thx will do...

Wow, walk away for an hour or so and things really took a turn for the worse...lol
That's what I said when I got back to my office... we where having a nice chat than BOOM... I'll look up that EDM process, I think that the same process some 1911 companies use for trigger parts.

Matt... Just let the guy go and be happy with his spikes...

Norcal... If you stick around long enough you'll see the the ODT community (and that's what we are) are really good at sniffing out the BS, bogus members and companies trying to talk up their product. It's just what happens...

Norcal, just build what you like. If others don't like it, then so be it. I still have a Spikes lower (as it was the first stripped one I ever bought), and their ST-T2 buffer and has held up fine. I would never buy from them again given their lies about cost of material during the panic, and arguing with PSA over "test ammo" I which PSA publicly, yet passively ***** slapped them with and made Spikes look like a fool again....

I have built/repaired many AR's for some over the past few years and shockingly never had issues with a Spikes lower. The "literal" finish has held up well and I have never had or dealt with any out of spec threads/holes either. I have built probably 6 Spikes lowers up for myself or others and all have done ok. Again, the owners actions have driven their rep into the ground though. It's a shame too, because put side by side next to Delton, Anderson, or DPMS, they have the most consistent milling and anodizing by far....visually of the $50-$75 lowers. IN MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I have not had issues with their products. But like all manufacturers, bad ones get out and can sometimes cause some serious damage to a manufacturers name (Cough cough DB AR-15's). Maybe others have seen issues with Spikes, but I personally have not.

ODT is a thick skinned crowd. Take from it what you wish but there are some really knowledgeable guys on here (I'm not one of them) that can steer you in the right path if your ever wanting a solid, quality component rifle.

others may argue, but if you want the best of the best, dump that Spikes stuff and get a KAC SR-15.

Back
Top Bottom