• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New to hunting, need help!!

Isnt a hunter safety course a must in Ga before you get a hunting license? ANd whats up with the buck only in Dec new law?

Yes on the hunter safety course if you are a certain age in GA.

And frankly the doe limit is too high in many areas of GA so I am assuming that is the reason for the change this year to bucks only in Dec. Personally my area is covered up in doe, but I only kill what I eat so I ain't making a dent.

OP please sight that gun in before you go in the woods. The last thing you want to do is wound an animal because you are not sighted in. And read the rules and regs also. Regarding hunting spots you either have to join a hunting club, find a WMA, or buy your own land.

Last edited:
Yes if you are a certain age in GA. And frankly the doe limit is too high in many areas of GA so I am assuming that is the reason for the change this year to bucks only in Dec. Personally my area is covered up in doe, but I only kill what I eat so I ain't making a dent.

I only shoot what I eat, I have all my mounts finished..I only hunt Does now, It means I will not be able to hunt from 12/1-12/25. Hope I can get what I need before doe season is out..We have a club outside of High Falls but not to many does..DD

I only shoot what I eat, I have all my mounts finished..I only hunt Does now, It means I will not be able to hunt from 12/1-12/25. Hope I can get what I need before doe season is out..We have a club outside of High Falls but not to many does..DD

I primarily only shoot does as well. I have never hunted for a trophy, and I do not even have a buck mount, but this year may change. My neighbor has been sending me pics of some really big boys. I do not think they can resist all the lovely ladies in this area so if one walks in front of me, I may just have to finally pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom