• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New (to me) auto detail product.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I saw some videos on YouTube about the product 303 Aerospace protectant......it’s a UV protectant.

I’ve seen 303 products in stores but never thought about it because I’ve used other stuff.

On the videos several people claim you can soak a serpentine belt in it and it will last forever.
Also spray your tire tread and sides every theee months with it and showed a car with 100,000 mile tires that still looked new.
I had to buy some to check it out.
Not cheap at $20.00 for a spray bottle at advance auto.
Also comes in gallon jugs online and other stores.
Okay so I wiped it on all my plastic and rubber parts on my jeep inside and out and just sprayed my outter sidewalls for now.
So far my dashboard and all plastics, even door handles outside and fender flares are shinier than they’ve ever been.
Even the overspray on my matte black wheels that I wiped off made my paint just pop.
The tires feel like they have a good slippery coating on them even though dry now.
I’m gonna do the tire tread once this weather breaks.
There’s no oily residue even though it dries to a matte glossy look.
Can’t hurt to try.
Gonna try my serp belt as well.....apparently after it dries the belt will not slip once coated.
I’ll post my results after a few months of use.

I saw some videos on YouTube about the product 303 Aerospace protectant......it’s a UV protectant.

I’ve seen 303 products in stores but never thought about it because I’ve used other stuff.

On the videos several people claim you can soak a serpentine belt in it and it will last forever.
Also spray your tire tread and sides every theee months with it and showed a car with 100,000 mile tires that still looked new.
I had to buy some to check it out.
Not cheap at $20.00 for a spray bottle at advance auto.
Also comes in gallon jugs online and other stores.
Okay so I wiped it on all my plastic and rubber parts on my jeep inside and out and just sprayed my outter sidewalls for now.
So far my dashboard and all plastics, even door handles outside and fender flares are shinier than they’ve ever been.
Even the overspray on my matte black wheels that I wiped off made my paint just pop.
The tires feel like they have a good slippery coating on them even though dry now.
I’m gonna do the tire tread once this weather breaks.
There’s no oily residue even though it dries to a matte glossy look.
Can’t hurt to try.
Gonna try my serp belt as well.....apparently after it dries the belt will not slip once coated.
I’ll post my results after a few months of use.
Please do. I've been using it on my kayaks for several years, but never considered using it on my autos because of the cost.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

It's good stuff but I've only used on boat vinyl since it's so expensive. Look forward to hearing about your results.

A shiny dashboard is a hazard, especially if you're driving into the setting or rising sun. Use a matte or no-gloss conditioning product on your dash.

I'm interested to hear how it works on your tires and other exterior parts tho - it's new to me

I tried some, was not impressed at all. No performance difference between this high priced snake oil and ArmorAll, in my first hand experience.

I have a Miata and use it on everything i side the car. Leather, vinly, dash and it works great. No shiney like armorall, and won't pull oil lut of tires and turn them brown. Pricey, but worth it.

Back
Top Bottom