• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New (to me) Dodge Challenger SRT 8

Great looking car, one I'd like. I had a set of shorty stainless headers into Corsas cat backs and cutouts on my 05 GTO. Loved being able to switch between open pipes and reasonably sane at the flip of a switch.

The dealer gave me the little ole lady story but it was an ole dude. It does have a cosmetic issue I'd like any inputs. The door molding looks as though it's rusting. However being plastic/rubber cant be. I tried a cleaning and protections but no success. Maybe some sort of mold, fungus the dealer said the previous owner kept it covered. I wonder if the cover didnt breathe and allowed fungus???? Input.. thoughts
IMG_0082.jpg

The dealer gave me the little ole lady story but it was an ole dude. I does have a cosmetic issue I'd like any inputs. The door molding looks as though it's rusting. However being plastic/rubber cant be. I tried a cleaning and a couple protections but no success. Maybe so sort of mold, fungus the dealer said the previous owner kept it covered. I woner if the cover didnt breathe and allowed fungus???? Input.. thoughtsView attachment 650001

Sell it. I'll give you 5 Gs!

With a fair amount of elbow grease I was able to buff the molding using a solvent Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO). Seemed to work but 6" took about 20 minutes of work. I tried DMSO for my arthritic knees as a pain reliever. I'm going to try vinegar tomorrow. I dont like using a solvent no matter how mild on plastic. Maybe the vinegar will require less elbow action too.

Nice! I'm a Mopar guy too. My dad has a 79 Little Red Express with a 440 in it. He bought it new in 1979. Decided to hot rod it a bit:) My mom has 2013 Charger. Dad also has a 4x4 Dakota and I have a lifted Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Chrysler T&C. Love them Challengers! I would love to own a HellCat!

View attachment 649495 most folks know I'm a MoPar Freak. A long list of 'B' and 'E' bodies since I started driving 50 years ago. I sold my 2011 red RAM sport and began a short quest. I've owned a few Challengers (old school) nut none of the new generation. Today I bought a 2011 Challenger SRT 8 all loaded with 6 speed manual xmission. Stats pretty good , a one owner 10k on the odometer. Put 200 highway miles on , lots of fun. It's 1 of 203 toxic orange manual transmission srt8's.View attachment 649488View attachment 649488View attachment 649492View attachment 649493

Good looking car. I've never been a Mopar fan, but I really like the new Challengers. Being an SRT8 is just icing on the cake!

Back
Top Bottom