• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to reloading

I started with a Lee set-up. Maybe not the best out there but it worked. Expect to spend a lot of time reloading. ;)

Lee makes good chit mane. I still use a Lee turret press for some of my reloading chores.

Expect to shoot a lot more for the money. Expect some frustration early on but once you get it figured out you will be good to go.

Lots of help hangs out here in this forum. Any issues holler. Welcome to the gang.

Why ask AFTER the purchase. If I had any desire for a turret press, the Lee Classic Turret would be about my only choice. You will find if it is a good press for you by using it.

I purchased a Lee turret press kit...Is this a good press.. I'd like opinions and what to expect..thanks

Depends on what color that you like best!
Red, Green, Orange, Blue!
what I am saying is that in reality its personal preference and most all presses in a particular catergory does things as well as most others, that being a single stage, a turret, a progressive.
you will find that people don't like any of the presses and then you will find people that rave about any of the presses, just depends on how you feel and who you listen to.
The person behind the press is the really most important thing.

I have the 4 turret Lee press and I like mine.
Well enough that I don't desire anything else after many years
I load 9mm, .40 and .45 Colt pistol rounds and .223, .270 and .30/.30 rifle rounds.
I can make a better load than I can afford to buy.

I'd say I've made and shot most of 10,000 rounds and I've never loaded a squib.
Once in a blue moon I'll make a bad round, maybe 1 in 500.
Usually I didn't knock the old primer out and put a new one in, but it's damn rare.

Remember if you have the 4 turret press to buy the 4 die pistol sets.
That last die will guarantee the round loads in your chamber, I've never had one fail to fit.
Any other questions ask away.
If you weren't so far away I'd offer to come over and set you up, but I'd guess there's somebody closer.

Back
Top Bottom