• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nickle Boron bolt carrier seller on ebay

Got one of these fixed up for another ODT member this afternoon.

Upon inspecting the parts, I noticed that the gas key did come with screws, but they were typical cheap YFS Chinese product. That won't do for the gas key. I replaced them with Grade 8 screws that are the proper strength and have a sharper shoulder for the stakes to bite into. Shown on the right. Notice the sharp shoulder vs the more rounded screw head on the left.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_03_adyse7uj.jpg

Red high temp loctite applied to the screws and the flat on the carrier to ensure a positive gas seal. Gas key, screws and carrier were all degreased prior to installation. Screws installed to 58 ft/lbs.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_03_yjepy2y3.jpg

The Mother Of All Carrier Key Stakers

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_03_7a9e8ehy.jpg

Inserted into the MOACKS

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_03_areqerap.jpg

Done! One properly installed carrier key ready for duty.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_03_pata3e7y.jpg

Last edited:
mtdawg169, I do want to thank you for your assistance with these... I may look at putting my BCG together this coming weekend,,,, Gas Key from BCM, with screws, so I hope they are OK....

mtdawg169, I do want to thank you for your assistance with these... I may look at putting my BCG together this coming weekend,,,, Gas Key from BCM, with screws, so I hope they are OK....

If you can't get by to see ASH556, you can drop it in the mail to me with a postage paid return envelope or prepaid label. It cost this member about $8 round trip. I can turn these around in 24 hours. Just shoot me a PM if you need some help.

Missed that last part. BCM ships with the correct grade 8 screws. You should be good to go.

If you can't get by to see ASH556, you can drop it in the mail to me with a postage paid return envelope or prepaid label. It cost this member about $8 round trip. I can turn these around in 24 hours. Just shoot me a PM if you need some help.

Awesome, I will be contacting you as soon as I get all of my parts in as well!

Back
Top Bottom