• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Night vision goggles.

Every c130 I rode on the pilot wore 7s. I never said they were awesome.
The 14s are good. They are the standard for a reason. But there is newer better stuff too.

They have been doing away with the 7s since the 90s .I know they still have some ,but they are leaving because they are outdated . Better stuff yes ,but not in the low $3000 range.

On the PVS 7's you have both eyes accustomed to the NVG, so no natural night vision if the unit fails, whereas the 14 (or MUM14, etc.) you still have one good eyeto see with with the NVD.

I thought the ANVIS9 was for aviators.

I own Pvs 7 and Pvs 14 and Pvs 18
They are all really good units and basically do the same job. Where they can differ a
Drastically is what gen tube they have in them. I would by a gen 3 at a minimum and if you can afford it by the film less gen 3. The difference between gens is how well they perform without it ir illumination or ambient light So if you want to see in real dark conditions with no additional ir light which will give you away If anyone else has night vision. Get the best tube you can afford The tube is everything. All the money is in the tube
You can drive or spot with a helmet mounted single tube. But If you want depth perception and a wider field of view get a gen 3 binocular device Bnvd.it will.set you back around 8k Dont get anvis unless your a pilot. There fragile. Good luck and its expensive but seeing in the dark is like magic

They are all really good units and basically do the same job. Where they can differ a
Drastically is what gen tube they have in them. I would by a gen 3 at a minimum and if you can afford it by the film less gen 3. The difference between gens is how well they perform without it ir illumination or ambient light So if you want to see in real dark conditions with no additional ir light which will give you away If anyone else has night vision. Get the best tube you can afford The tube is everything. All the money is in the tube
You can drive or spot with a helmet mounted single tube. But If you want depth perception and a wider field of view get a gen 3 binocular device Bnvd.it will.set you back around 8k Dont get anvis unless your a pilot. There fragile. Good luck and its expensive but seeing in the dark is like magic

Were you wearing your NVG's poking around in the dark to revive a thread from 2013?

I am glad you brought this thread to my attention, as I sold a guy a psgat ballistic helmet and he want to get nv googles to use with an Atpial-c he was looking to buy and use a regular scope on his rifle. The guy is not rich so what type of unit would be best for a Prepper that would use it(nv)for defensive protection purposes. Would it make more sense to go with a monocular versus a bi, as I don’t know if he would need depth perception to guard his 10 acre property and use with a regular scope and some type of infrared laser. He also asked me about mounts for the helmet ( https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...allistic-amp-frag-lvl3-psgat-helmets.1541560/ ) I sold him. Are mounts very nv unit specific or are they really versatile? Sorry for all the questions, but i assume their are others on here that might be interested in this education. Thanks for any help you can give him

I am glad you brought this thread to my attention, as I sold a guy a psgat ballistic helmet and he want to get nv googles to use with an Atpial-c he was looking to buy and use a regular scope on his rifle. The guy is not rich so what type of unit would be best for a Prepper that would use it(nv)for defensive protection purposes. Would it make more sense to go with a monocular versus a bi, as I don’t know if he would need depth perception to guard his 10 acre property and use with a regular scope and some type of infrared laser. He also asked me about mounts for the helmet ( https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...allistic-amp-frag-lvl3-psgat-helmets.1541560/ ) I sold him. Are mounts very nv unit specific or are they really versatile? Sorry for all the questions, but i assume their are others on here that might be interested in this education. Thanks for any help you can give him
Good Night vision is expensive any way you look at it. So if somebody's on a budget they should get a monocular because its 1/2 the price of binocular night visio . But if you want to know how one eye feels when things are happening fast. Try and play basketball with one eye closed and then with both eyes open and see the difference in your perception. One eye night vision compared to two eye night vision is no different.

Back
Top Bottom