• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

No ban today

The Dem are scared of this to the last time they did it in the next election they lost the house and senate so there are a lot of them in rural places that dont even want to see it come to the floor

No ban today. Nothing changed today. Zero held a press conference and pandered to his crowd - what else is new.

Relax a bit folks, the sky is not falling today.

When an actual bill I can read is introduced in Congress, I shall pay attention. Until then I'm going to go about my business as usual and not speculate on what could be...

Don't get rid of your fire extinguisher just because your house isn't burning down yet. There are still a bunch of kids in Washington playing with matches.

This admin and it's puppets like to hide partial contents of bills and "get them signed so that you/them can read what is in it." We have seen it before, and since it worked, we will see it again. I know this will be a debate, likely a lengthy one, and I know that if nothing is done by the time of the SOTU, there will be even more pressure, and hopefully more resistance..... All in all, today was better than it could have been. But it was not a good day for any of us...

I concur with the OP's statement. The executive orders that I read were nothing "bad" for those of us that aren't looney tunes.

I am still unloading anything I don't want to keep forever.

In the meantime,
GCO said:
GCO's Executive Director, Jerry Henry, will be on the television three times today, with one national and two local broadcasts in Atlanta:

* 3:30 CNN, discussing the magazine restrictions and military "style" weapons ban being proposed by President Obama;
* 6:00 Channel 2, WSB, discussing the City of Atlanta's violation of state preemption law and what GCO is doing about it; and
* 6:30-7:00 Channel 11, 11Alive, discussing again the proposed military "style" weapons ban.

These times are approximate, but we are informed that the interviews will be aired during those slots. Please tune in and watch the discussion. GCO will be calling on its members to lobby Congress to stand firm in opposing the President's push to infringe upon the right to bear arms while not losing focus on local issues, such as stopping the city of Atlanta from violating state law forbidding them from regulating the carry of firearms and repealing other infringements on the right to bear arms right here in Georgia.
With the new legislative session starting, GCO will continue its focus on legislation in the General Assembly for 2013.

This is going to be an exciting year. Be on the lookout for big news coming soon. Given everything else in the news recently, we will really need your help this year to improve Georgia's gun laws and keep marching forward with the fight to restore the right to bear arms.

Sure prices will climb. We do this to ourselves. We panic and they laugh.

Folks, save your energy until we have something to actually fight. Rumors and speculation do not help our cause.

Right now, my AR is legal, my MAC-90 is legal, all my mags are legal, my Glock, Sig, Ruger, Taurus with hi-cap mags is legal, my stock of ammo is legal - today was a good day.

This is true, I have to wonder where the idea that obooboo can say it and it's so. obooboo CANNOT make a law, and executive order is NOT a law of the land.

No ban today. Nothing changed today. Zero held a press conference and pandered to his crowd - what else is new.

Relax a bit folks, the sky is not falling today.

When an actual bill I can read is introduced in Congress, I shall pay attention. Until then I'm going to go about my business as usual and not speculate on what could be...

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom