no more Romanian Aks ?!

do you believe Romanian aks are done for?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
That is a stretch. WASR is not known for quality. People still talk about lorcins. They talk about what pieces of monkey **** they are. Its been a while since those were made. Still, only crack dealers want them. Now the romanian SAR series... THOSE are the romys to have.

Comparing the WASR to the lorcin is demeaning. I don't hear many people complain about WASR's unless for A) mag wobble, which doesn't cause malfunction, or B) canted sights, which still shoot straight. My WASR's have straight sights and literally zero mag wobble, but if they did I would not be too concerned about it. Granted, those issues should have been corrected before sold, but they do not affect functionality.

I sincerely hope we haven't seen the last of the imported WASR, but if we have, a comparison to the Norinco should be fairly accurate. Some of us remember a time when Norinco was looked down upon by many. I have never been a huge fan of Norinco, even though they are fine, but I would never pay $1K for one. The prices for some of these Norincos is ridiculous nowadays. They're OK rifles at best. Nothing spectacular about them at all.

Comparing the WASR to the lorcin is demeaning. I don't hear many people complain about WASR's unless for A) mag wobble, which doesn't cause malfunction, or B) canted sights, which still shoot straight. My WASR's have straight sights and literally zero mag wobble, but if they did I would not be too concerned about it. Granted, those issues should have been corrected before sold, but they do not affect functionality.

I sincerely hope we haven't seen the last of the imported WASR, but if we have, a comparison to the Norinco should be fairly accurate. Some of us remember a time when Norinco was looked down upon by many. I have never been a huge fan of Norinco, even though they are fine, but I would never pay $1K for one. The prices for some of these Norincos is ridiculous nowadays. They're OK rifles at best. Nothing spectacular about them at all.
norincos are cool, so are WASR

but soviet is right about the quality difference between the wasr and the sar series. my dad had a sar1, extra canted sights but that thing is solid and is the easiest and most accurate ak47 i have shot to date. the wasrs are great guns but due to century hiring trained monkeys they could be hit or miss

that being said, wasr is no where close to sucking as hard as a lorcin. IMO, id rather have a wasr than a hessee or IO build

More and more people would mean higher demand. Which would mean they should cost MORE. They cost less because during the panic folks ordered a ton of them. Now, nobody wants them. So, let the fire sale begin. Higher demand always means higher prices. Less stock means higher prices as well. Which is why many opportunistic people will want 1,000 for their WASR.
Okay I know I'm leaving money on the table here but since it's you I'll let my WASR go for $850.00. Not a penny less and that deal is for YOU. No flipping it here next week for $1150.00.:becky:

I've tried quite a few variations, extensively, meaning 30k+ rds through each.
In order of most preferred:
Russian
Finnish (Valmet)
Bulgarian
Polish
Romanian
Several US "made" versions (all had issues, functioning and reliability)
Haven't tried Chinese or Egyptian.

norincos are cool, so are WASR

but soviet is right about the quality difference between the wasr and the sar series. my dad had a sar1, extra canted sights but that thing is solid and is the easiest and most accurate ak47 i have shot to date. the wasrs are great guns but due to century hiring trained monkeys they could be hit or miss

that being said, wasr is no where close to sucking as hard as a lorcin. IMO, id rather have a wasr than a hessee or IO build

Nun uh, I'm right and he's wrong. Kidding. I've never shot a sar. The Egyptians are pretty nice. The Yugos are nice but I prefer chrome lined barrel. IO would be my absolute last choice.

Nun uh, I'm right and he's wrong. Kidding. I've never shot a sar. The Egyptians are pretty nice. The Yugos are nice but I prefer chrome lined barrel. IO would be my absolute last choice.
the sars look pretty basic and unimpressive, but they are tight and shoot amazing

if i get hands on my dads sar, you are welcome to give it a shot

Reactions: MRH
the sars look pretty basic and unimpressive, but they are tight and shoot amazing

if i get hands on my dads sar, you are welcome to give it a shot

I'd love to shoot one. With these types of rifles my last concern is their looks. Good looks are a plus but not a necessity. Kind of like a fat girl at last call.

Back
Top Bottom