• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Northern Zone baiting is on the table in both houses for The Northern Zone

Well boys if u have to bait not much of a hunter but tell what u will see is diesease start getting transmitted more freuqentlly thru the deer herd plus thru the turkeys little thing called aflax toxins which caused when turkeys consume molded grain it kills them look it up Southerastern wildlife diesease book will be a good chance u will CWD show within the deer heard also its been confirmed all around our state. PLus its just fuel for the fire with anti hunting crowd. Georgias DNR has basical became a joke why pay alot of bioligist when the State legislatorys are running the show

You can pick up a 55 gallon drum of peanut butter for 65.00 in Sylvester, Ga. Hogs love it. Wonder if deer like it as good as corn? :twitch:

Well boys if u have to bait not much of a hunter but tell what u will see is diesease start getting transmitted more freuqentlly thru the deer herd plus thru the turkeys little thing called aflax toxins which caused when turkeys consume molded grain it kills them look it up Southerastern wildlife diesease book will be a good chance u will CWD show within the deer heard also its been confirmed all around our state. PLus its just fuel for the fire with anti hunting crowd. Georgias DNR has basical became a joke why pay alot of bioligist when the State legislatorys are running the show

Please don't put us all in the same bucket..I was hunting before you were a gleam in your fathers eye..My walls are full of mounts and none were taken over bait..Some of us do to age, health and disabilities cannot scout or go deep in the woods anymore. It will be a nice change for me..As far as disease, it has been done in the south for years..I raised cattle and horses and fed both corn and sweet feed. Texas has had a very successfully been baiting, for many years..I understand and respect what your opinion is..Just don't lump all in the same category.

Please don't put us all in the same bucket..I was hunting before you were a gleam in your fathers eye..My walls are full of mounts and none were taken over bait..Some of us do to age, health and disabilities cannot scout or go deep in the woods anymore. It will be a nice change for me..As far as disease, it has been done in the south for years..I raised cattle and horses and fed both corn and sweet feed. Texas has had a very successfully been baiting, for many years..I understand and respect what your opinion is..Just don't lump all in the same category.
It seems to let you be selective in taking mature deer according to my buddy that hunts in chattahoochee county down south.

I have mixed feelings about baiting. I have done things to improve natural forage, like fertilizing natural sources of food, but have never done any supplemental feeding otherwise. Until this year.

I spotted a huge buck after the season closed and want him to have max nutrition to regrow those massive antlers and also keep him in the general area. I had no intention of keeping food available during the season and was going to carefully remove any remnants 10 days before bow season opened. I would still prefer to try for him without bait, but if this passes I have to take into account what might be going on on neighboring properties.

I've already put out corn and antler growth blocks and will be installing a feeder with high quality feed in it tomorrow. They are already hitting the corn and blocks hard. I'll also fertilize some specific white oaks. Which I have not done on this property yet. I've only hunted it two years and have taken a nice eight point each year. The first year there were acorns falling everywhere in huge numbers. This last season I couldn't find a single white oak that was producing.

I think if the white oaks produce well next year I'll stop the other food and hunt him over the natural food source... maybe.

PUT 19-19-19 OUT EVEN WITH THE TREE CANOPY HEAVY BEFORE EACH RAIN THIS YEAR AND OH MAN THE ACORN RAIN WILL FALL
AND FALL, AND FALL, AND FALL...

just a simple suggestion to consider...

PUT 19-19-19 OUT EVEN WITH THE TREE CANOPY HEAVY BEFORE EACH RAIN THIS YEAR AND OH MAN THE ACORN RAIN WILL FALL
AND FALL, AND FALL, AND FALL...

just a simple suggestion to consider...
I've been doing 10-10-10 for many years at other locations. I'll look into the benefits of the 19. Thanks.

Punctuation is your friend... and ours.

Back
Top Bottom