• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

not very good thread organization

MrStinkySocks

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
On just about 99.9% of internet forums out there, a new post sends the thread to the top... indicating that it has new posts. But here, it seems like a thread can be on the 8th page and 99.9% of the people here won't see it because it does not get pushed to the top.

Why is it that only new threads get to be seen and not new posts?

If you click the classifieds tab, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and select how you want to see threads. Select 'by latest post' or something like that. Then you will see threads with latest post on top. Also, use 'whats new' or new posts' as Q-Bald suggested.

Actually it's better this way, that way the first page isnt full of "BUMP" ads.

It took me a little while to get used to it but I do like it better now. I like it because threads don't get bumped for comments like "please add pictures" or "would you trade for a pair of Cornish game hens?" Sellers are much better off if they just put all the right info in a thread from the start.

Bumping does still work though, because so many use the "What's New" button.

It took me a little while to get used to it but I do like it better now. I like it because threads don't get bumped for comments like "please add pictures" or "would you trade for a pair of SLIGHTLY DISEASED ALMOST DEAD Cornish game hens For a old box of misfiring .22's?" Sellers are much better off if they just put all the right info in a thread from the start.

Bumping does still work though, because so many use the "What's New" button.

There fixed it for you....lol

Back
Top Bottom