• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nov 3rd Deer Hunt

One member at my lease killed a 3.5 year old 8 point. Another guy shot at a mature buck chasing 3 does. It’s on in Carroll County.
I had a lone doe come in at 9:45, fed just out of bow range and then moved on down the draw away from me.

48EEC107-DBFC-4E66-86A9-ACDDCDFE4DF2.jpeg

More Pictures. He came by and told me all about what happened and what he done. He said Papa he never saw me, he was looking for a doe. He showed me where he had been rubbing, there was still sap from a pine tree on his antlers. It don't get much better than listening to your Grandson talking about something they love. Of course I told him we can have it mounted too. That's what Papa's do. He said it was 150 yards out. Great shot. View attachment 2347403 View attachment 2347404

Awesome story, and a great shot. Heck of a 1st buck.

Just had a decent sized buck roll past about 60yrds out with his nose to the ground. Hit the grunt a few times in hopes of getting him to turn back so I could size him up. Instead, the 4 pt that was following him came over for a visit. Walked about 5yrds from me when he passed me. That was fun!

Horrible weekend hunt at Allatoona, thought I was the only hunter not seeing any cars parked where I was. Walked in about a mile. Got situated and there was literally a guy sitting 40 yards from my spot and decided to yell HEY. I give up on this WMA. I need to find private land or looks like I’m not hunting anymore this year knowing every spot I know is taken. Good luck guys! Looking forward to seeing dead deer in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom