• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRA firearms instructor

why do you need a FLA ccp--if you have a GA permit it's good in fla just like fla is good in GA

Longer than GA permit. If I'm not mistaken, it might be cheaper but I'm not sure. 5 years vs 7 years. Over time, you will benefit.

Look forward to it.
Winter is a great time to train.
While I do bring heaters for use between drills numb fingers help simulate what happens under stress or in a fight because fine motors skills degrade bigtime & the importance of relying on gross motor skills becomes much more evident.
Those who can do well in those conditions should breeze through easier ones.

Yeah maybe if I'm the only person there, we could do a short 4 hour course with maybe couple hours for live firing session. FL doesn't require a certain hour, but they do require live safety handling.

The difference between FL and GA is length of issue and more reciprocity in like 7 more states.

Any NRA course is accepted by FL, you fill out the paperwork, fingerprints and send them a copy of the NRA course certificate and for $117, you have the FL non-resident course.

Just remember, SC is still holding out on other states CCW/GFL's so dont carry there concealed.

Last edited:
2 things.......if you were in the military, your military training will suffice for Fla firearm training.....also some (not sure how many) of the states that do not recognize Ga permits but do recognize Fla permits only recognize Fla RESIDENT permits.

2 things.......if you were in the military, your military training will suffice for Fla firearm training.....also some (not sure how many) of the states that do not recognize Ga permits but do recognize Fla permits only recognize Fla RESIDENT permits.

There are only 4 states that do not recognize the Florida non-resident permit.

Colorado
Michigan
South Carolina
New Hampshire

There are thirteen states do not recognize a Florida permit at all.
Oregon
Nevada
California
Minnesota
Illinois
Wisconsin
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Rhode Island
New Jersey
Maryland
New York
Maine

Washington DC
and all the territories.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf

Of the four states that do not recognize the Florida non-resident permit, three recognize the GA permit.

Back
Top Bottom