• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NYC trouble - threads merged on 12.4

What would you recommend

• Fight it all the way. Fight everything, including the illegal search

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Make a deal. Know when to fold and know when to walk away

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Fire the attorneys and "HANDLE" it like a man. DIY.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Make sure you wear white "T"s and boxer shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TACOS

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
So my brother in Law Lives in NJ (His Wifes Choice)... He hates it... pays 17 K on Taxes on a house here that would be 3K.. He is an avid hunter, in NJ you have to pay for each Season.. So bow season is all fall. But you pay for each Month? You also have to have a valid NJ ammunition ID card. Or you can't buy ammo at all...
Of course everything is taxed, regulated and ridiculously priced.. He refuses to get the Ammunition ID Card/license.

Almost went that way last election. Of the people in NY that I know, all lean conservative and hate what the city does to there voting base. I've met a lot more folks in Atlanta that are liberals.

I made the comment about GA being a blue state and got my post deleted here. GA is heading that way.

So my brother in Law Lives in NJ (His Wifes Choice)... He hates it... pays 17 K on Taxes on a house here that would be 3K.. He is an avid hunter, in NJ you have to pay for each Season.. So bow season is all fall. But you pay for each Month? You also have to have a valid NJ ammunition ID card. Or you can't buy ammo at all...
Of course everything is taxed, regulated and ridiculously priced.. He refuses to get the Ammunition ID Card/license.

I fled NJ when I was 18. I would rather be gang raped or shot than to have to go back there.

Same thing happened to me in Warren County NJ. Tried to look at a few old S&W revolvers and I couldn't even TOUCH them.

LOL, when I lived in Chicago I went to a big box store to look at air rifles for my nephew's Christmas and I wasn't allowed to touch one because I hadn't received my FOID card. LOL, retards.

I fled NJ when I was 18. I would rather be gang raped or shot than to have to go back there.

I fled at 20 when I joined the Army. Lived in Queens (NYC) and in 1979 had a weapons permit which was good for rifle and shotgun.

Bought a Mini-14 (now probably a no-no) and a Mossberg 500ATPS shotgun.

Did a 3 year tour in NJ from 1986-1989, don't remember the laws being that restrictive back then. Think I had a S&W M59 w 15 round mags and the Mini-14.

With my collection I could never go back, more based on taxes and cost of living would I want to.

Most of my friends have moved out of the city either upstate or NC or TN.

last person out turn out the lights.

Bang bang...it would appear you are right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really hate it for your buddy. He sounds like a good guy that just made a dumb mistake. I've been there before myself. Heck, most everybody here probably has. Maybe not a FELONY mistake, but everybody does dumb **** at some point in life.

I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now. Even if he does somehow manage to avoid prison and a felony record, god only knows how much money this is going to cost him by the time it's all said and done.

I wish him all the luck in the world.

LOL, when I lived in Chicago I went to a big box store to look at air rifles for my nephew's Christmas and I wasn't allowed to touch one because I hadn't received my FOID card. LOL, retards.
Knew a guy I was in the Navy with from IL. He was bragging loudly one day about his FOID and how it was "proof" he was able to buy guns in his home state. I told him in GA I didn't need one to buy guns......

I fled at 20 when I joined the Army. Lived in Queens (NYC) and in 1979 had a weapons permit which was good for rifle and shotgun.

Bought a Mini-14 (now probably a no-no) and a Mossberg 500ATPS shotgun.

Did a 3 year tour in NJ from 1986-1989, don't remember the laws being that restrictive back then. Think I had a S&W M59 w 15 round mags and the Mini-14.

With my collection I could never go back, more based on taxes and cost of living would I want to.

Most of my friends have moved out of the city either upstate or NC or TN.

last person out turn out the lights.

Almost everyone I know (including family) has left NJ. I have some cousins that are still there, but their siblings left as well.

Almost everyone I know (including family) has left NJ. I have some cousins that are still there, but their siblings left as well.

Yeah, luckily I joined the Army and saw the world!

Here is a typical New Yorker's view of America:

Rumsey-Steinberg-New-Yorker-1976.jpg

Back
Top Bottom