• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nylon 66 Scratches and Swirls

ThatGuyJ

Boar Icon Supporter
Eagle Eye
30   0
Reaction score
Surely someone might have a solution I could try that I have not thought of yet...

I recently bought an Apache Black and Chrome Nylon 66 from another ODTer. It's in pretty good shape overall but I want to buff up the stock and make it super shiny again.

Did some research and tried Novus 1,2 and 3 with a buffing wheel - no improvement.
Tried Brasso - no improvement.
Tried Flitz - no improvement.

Any ideas?

I have used some plastic polish products to remove scratches and haze from Jeep windows (the stuff is PVC). I have gotten good results by hand, not used a buffer.

The stuff smells and works like the tan mirror glaze I used 30 years ago.

Other suggestions I have seen : tooth paste. Spray furniture polish.

I have several Nylons, and friends who have them too, and this is the question of the century. There was a guy in Arizona that got AMAZING results, better than new, but he only offered his services, and was pricey. He was on the Nylonrifles website, but this has been about 3-4-5 years ago and he has been silent lately.

So, it can be done, and if done correctly, with great results. IN for your results.

You can get a headlight restoration kit at the auto parts store. I have one it came with a buffing wheel and the polish,I think it was Meguiers. I think I will try that on my 66 to see if it works.

I have several Nylons, and friends who have them too, and this is the question of the century. There was a guy in Arizona that got AMAZING results, better than new, but he only offered his services, and was pricey. He was on the Nylonrifles website, but this has been about 3-4-5 years ago and he has been silent lately.

So, it can be done, and if done correctly, with great results. IN for your results.

Ditto on question of the century. I have many nylons too and with all the YouTube’s on everything you can think of under the sun....not one on this!

Back
Top Bottom