• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT Brain Trust - dating advice

Yeah the girls with daddy issues are the one's you have fun with when you're young dumb and you know what. Bonus points if she's a preacher's daughter lol. Those were always the wildest ones. When you're ready to settle down with a good one get one with a good daddy with good values that she loves/respects and you're good.

Preface - I am a person of mature years - very mature years. I'm not married, no kids, no financial financial responsibilities other than day to day expenses, reasonably good income, still working.

That said, I do like to indulge myself with a lady friend, usually of equally mature years, in an evening of grown up entertainment, meaning dressing up, a nice dinner at a top rated restaurant, a show somewhere like the Fox, after dinner drinks, and then whatever adventures may come my way.

The problem - I have been following the Fani Willis drama pretty closely. Fani is being lauded as a "strong, independent, black woman". Her motto (for real) is "a man is not a plan, a man is a companion". She and the hired help she has been shagging have traveled on his dime to Napa Valley, Belize, Aruba, a cruise, and according to her, because she is not going to be dependent on any man, being the strong independent woman she is, she has always paid her half of the love jaunts to her honey bunch in cash - often several thousand dollars.

I like strong independent women, so at the as our evenings of the good life are winding down, I have started asking my companion if she considers herself a strong independent woman, (most of them being relatively highly educated, and having good jobs with lots of responsibility) and they usually respond in the affirmative. So I ask them to prove it by giving me half the cost of the evening's entertainment in cash - just so we know where we both stand power wise - i don't want to insult her by assuming the historical role of the dominant male in a developing relationship, and so it's clear that I am not denying her self image as a strong independent woman,

So far, the responses (about 5) have been universally the same, "FU", and it's not meant as an invitation. The evening festivities came to a screeching halt.

Question: For the brain trust, how can I show that I am a sensitive new age man, who wants to affirm my companion's role as a strong independent woman, who does not need the support of man, and only needs a companion?

Boy am I glad I married the right girl 45 years ago. I got nothin’ as far as dating advice, haven’t even been on a “date” since right after I turned 20. Good luck “old timer”. 😂

Just don't be a "sensitive, new age man".

The only people who tell you that are going to be women, and women typically have no idea what they actually want. This is why they spend their late teens and 20's sleeping around or pining for 'exciting men' and then when they hit thirty they'll "settle" for someone to hang around and pay the bills.

Don't listen to what they say - watch how they behave. They want a man who is not a doormat. Be forthright. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Hold them to standards. Don't let them use you as a piggy bank. Set up that first meeting as something lower impact, minimal cost. Maybe you do pay (but as I say - keep that first meeting "cheap"), and tell her she can cover 'next time'. See what the reaction is and act accordingly. Watch how she treats the people who serve you.

Especially at these womens' age, no matter how attracted to them you are, there's some guy out there who's sick of her bull****.
My women experience is this if u treat them to good they treat u like $$& & try run over u try change u my 2nd wife tried to change me found out didn’t work . I told her she didn’t have market cornered bedroom either . I don’t treat her bad but don’t put up with drama or BS if decide take off hunting & fishing for few days she don’t whine been married 20 some odd yrs no real problems ( and don’t ask permission to buy or trade guns either ) or thing else kinda like Indian thought bought bring another gal home see how react to that like Indians used to do😜

Yeah the girls with daddy issues are the one's you have fun with when you're young dumb and you know what. Bonus points if she's a preacher's daughter lol. Those were always the wildest ones. When you're ready to settle down with a good one get one with a good daddy with good values that she loves/respects and you're good.
Yeah my experience had one preacher daughter she had high sex drive & morals of Sailor think was a revolt against religion.

Back
Top Bottom