• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT NFA tracker thread

Both contain the refund of the $200 stamp fee from 10/22/2015 to date which I see as a point that could cause it to fail to be passed. Once they have your money it belongs to them, just ask. Anyway, if it takes ~12 months to get a suppressor approved can you imagine how long it will take them to send you $200 x the number of suppressors you bought? :blue:

Both contain the refund of the $200 stamp fee from 10/22/2015 to date which I see as a point that could cause it to fail to be passed. Once they have your money it belongs to them, just ask. Anyway, if it takes ~12 months to get a suppressor approved can you imagine how long it will take them to send you $200 x the number of suppressors you bought? :blue:

The refund is going to come in the form of a tax credit, its not going to be a sticking point and it won't take a year to get.

I had not heard that but have heard much discussion with most people being of the same opinion as I.

Information can be found on a couple of different sites and blogs but taken from: http://americansuppressorassociation.com/hearing-protection-act/

"The bill also includes a tax credit provision for the $200 transfer tax on any suppressor purchased after October 22, 2015, which was the original date of introduction."

One of the examples of gun prohibition having a positive effect on gun violence that people like to point to is Europe, however as that above link states even in Europe there are no restrictions on suppressors. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out but I think it has a decent chance of passing.

Information can be found on a couple of different sites and blogs but taken from: http://americansuppressorassociation.com/hearing-protection-act/

"The bill also includes a tax credit provision for the $200 transfer tax on any suppressor purchased after October 22, 2015, which was the original date of introduction."

One of the examples of gun prohibition having a positive effect on gun violence that people like to point to is Europe, however as that above link states even in Europe there are no restrictions on suppressors. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out but I think it has a decent chance of passing.
It can't get passed fast enough to soot me. Everyone give you congressmen/women a call.

I "purchased" two suppressors back in June 2016 and the ATF was quick to cash my check for the stamps. It took over a year to process the paperwork and send the approval back to the FFL. Funny thing was when I called the ATF to check the status I was told they had been approved in April, but then it took them almost three months to mail out the approval. Picked up my purchase today.

Back
Top Bottom