• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Officers kill double amputee in wheelchair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say they did think it was an ice pick or pen knife, do you think they thought he was going to leap up and kill them with it. Is it more likely that since they are the po po they refused to back away from someone in a wheel chair. Tell us what you would have done please.

Can't say I wasn't there but did you read the article. It says:

"It was close quarters in the area of the house," Silva said. "The officer was forced into an area where he had no way to get out."

Can't back away when your back is against the wall and the only way out is though someone who MAY have a weapon. Granted you should never put yourself in a position where you don't have a tactical advantage. But no one can control every situation, everyday, 24/7.

Think about it, the the officer could have kicked the guy and put him on his ass with little effort, I mean really. They had so many other options that it doesn't even make sense. How the hell is a one armed man able to get closer to a cop while in a wheelchair AND wave a pen wildly.......Its almost laughable if it wasn't tragic. One hard kick to the front of his chair would have pushed him back a couple feet or was this a midget cop with legs 18 inches long. I would hope that you'd agree that if you can't subdue a one armed, one legged man in a wheel chair you have no business being a cop. Because if thats the case, a 9 year old kid with a wooden sword is just as dangerous.

Next thing ya know nurses and aides will be carrying firearms...

Just for the record my wife is a nurse at a home, our daughter is an aide.. I have some clue as to what they go thru on a regular basis with people like this man. SOMEONE could have/should have done something besides shoot the guy..

"It was close quarters in the area of the house," Silva said. "The officer was forced into an area where he had no way to get out."

Can't back away when your back is against the wall and the only way out is though someone who MAY have a weapon. Granted you should never put yourself in a position where you don't have a tactical advantage. But no one can control every situation, everyday, 24/7.

considering there were two officers armed with battons, pepper spray, tazers possibly, and guns of course and he was a one armed one legged man in a wheelchair armed with a pen i would have to say they still had a "tactical advantage" over him.

I agree that the Police have a hard job to do, but a man in a wheelchair. Granted he could have had a different weapon on him but damn. Like acmech give him a shove backwards.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the "blue wall" and the "official report" revenue agent.

I have no formal training and I still don't think a one armed one legged man can out maneuver me and corner me, seriously? With one arm either he's using the pen or he's steering the wheel chair he can't do both with one hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom