• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Officers kill double amputee in wheelchair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bashing cops,I've worked with mental health clients over ten years,and been in situations where their was much more deadly things coming at me.We are taught to restrain clients through therapeutic intervention.Maybe someone else should have been evolved.

Thursday in Mcdonough on HWY 20 about 4 miles east of the square I saw a LEO pushing a stranded motorist, not with a car, he was on foot and pushing the vehicle. Keep in mind this is on Hwy 20 a busy road, he had about 100 feet to go until he got the car to a driveway and as I drove by in the opposite direction another motorist stopped by to give him a hand. There are lots of good cops out there. Then there are ones who do things nobody can explain.

Its easy to say that when the only thing you see is bad videos and bad news reports, when is the last time you saw a news report or video of a LEO doing something good? No one wants to report or hear about that. I guarantee you if you went out and tried to find the bad apples of another profession, you could, but nobody wants to. I'm not saying there aren't officers out there that don't deserve to wear the badge. But to criticize and bash a whole profession because of "the latest youtube video" is ignorant.

Sure there are some, medical malpractice, teachers/priests abusing kids, etc etc. They all get the criticism they deserve if you ask me.
HOWEVER I do know that the thin blue line means more to LEO than getting rid of bad officers does.

Sure there are some, medical malpractice, teachers/priests abusing kids, etc etc. They all get the criticism they deserve if you ask me.
HOWEVER I do know that the thin blue line means more to LEO than getting rid of bad officers does.

Ummmm......NO! Trust me, we want bad cops gone WORSE than the public does. LEO's will always be under a microscope, that's to be expected. But when one of "your own", ***** up and puts more of a spot-light on the bad side of the profession, why would we want to support them? The genuine clean, good LEOs want the bad ones gone worse, I promise. Does that mean I wanna work in IA, no. Does that mean I'll turn a blind eye to felony stupid cops, no.

Ummmm......NO! Trust me, we want bad cops gone WORSE than the public does. LEO's will always be under a microscope, that's to be expected. But when one of "your own", ***** up and puts more of a spot-light on the bad side of the profession, why would we want to support them? The genuine clean, good LEOs want the bad ones gone worse, I promise. Does that mean I wanna work in IA, no. Does that mean I'll turn a blind eye to felony stupid cops, no.

Well said

I don't think it's COP bashing as much as concern about some of the points brought up in this thread that we'd all (including better LEO's) like to see reversed. 1. Things like this seem to be happening to often (use of pepper spray / tazers as well) 2. Police / government training and policies seem to be a factor. 3. The post 911 militarization of our police forces should concern everyone in a democracy. (police included) 4. The seeming rubber stamp (justified) that's thrown on most of these incidents. 5. And the most alarming to me the number of good cops who don't speak up or allow the cover ups to happen because of an "us vs. them" mentality or the culture of "keeping silent")
I agree it's tough to judge without being there. It's just my opinion but if you or I made a mistake and shot an unarmed guy in a wheel chair or an owners dog in his house you or I should be held to the same standard that you'd hold any civilian. Whatever that standard is. If that would happen you'd see this all stop.

It probably would have been more paperwork if the officers had given him a beat down, topped with a little pepper spray.
I wonder why he didn't shoot the guy 2 or 3 times to be sure the threat was subdued.

Cops scare me because they open carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom