• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Officers kill double amputee in wheelchair

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really need to "close this thread"......NONE of us were there!....So we really don't know what happened. All we can do is read into this what ever way we want too....and in the end all it's going to do is turn into a "Cop Bashing" thread!!......We see enough of that over at GPDO!....Not here!

after pondering this a bit I feel there is not enough information to judge, as others do.
It seems at first look a small blade is not much of a threat... we now know that this was a pen, but indulge me on the "what ifs" should a knife been present. Remember, it wasn't all that long ago some guys with box cutters did a lot of damage.
A surgical scalpel can cut down to the bone in some areas with one swipe! I would fear someone wielding one, and perhaps given the setting the officers thought it was an instrument such as a scalpel.
Just my thoughts. I am as interested in the outcome of this as all of you and I agree that police tactics have taken a distinct turn toward routine and unnecessary violence in the past couple decades.
Certainly some LEO's (if not all) will agree with me that current training instills an "Us against them" view of society and promotes armed intervention over other methods much more so than in the past where the ideas of community policing were at the forefront.
Let's just remember that cops are often victims of the policies and procedures they are obliged to follow rather than their own best judgement.

You really need to "close this thread"......NONE of us were there!....So we really don't know what happened. All we can do is read into this what ever way we want too....and in the end all it's going to do is turn into a "Cop Bashing" thread!!......We see enough of that over at GPDO!....Not here!

Thank you sir. It does sound like a horrendous incident to say the least. But, don't judge unless you were there or are have every shred of fact. Its a tough enough job without the monday morning or armchair quarterbacks.

cops get bashed for a reason. there are many many good ones out there for sure and i appreciate everything they do. i wanted to be a cop myself but i cant because i have seizures. but there are too many out there that think they can get away with things because they are cops. if i was in the sittuation and handled it the same way i would be charged with MURDER. just my oppinion and you dont have to agree with it

after pondering this a bit I feel there is not enough information to judge, as others do.
It seems at first look a small blade is not much of a threat... we now know that this was a pen, but indulge me on the "what ifs" should a knife been present. Remember, it wasn't all that long ago some guys with box cutters did a lot of damage.
A surgical scalpel can cut down to the bone in some areas with one swipe! I would fear someone wielding one, and perhaps given the setting the officers thought it was an instrument such as a scalpel.
Just my thoughts. I am as interested in the outcome of this as all of you and I agree that police tactics have taken a distinct turn toward routine and unnecessary violence in the past couple decades.
Certainly some LEO's (if not all) will agree with me that current training instills an "Us against them" view of society and promotes armed intervention over other methods much more so than in the past where the ideas of community policing were at the forefront.
Let's just remember that cops are often victims of the policies and procedures they are obliged to follow rather than their own best judgement.

Thank you sir as well. I was beginning to think I was the only one capable of seeing this from another point of view.

Please close this thread.

Thank you Sir and ALMOST every thread in law and order is LEO bashing, or turns into it. Also well said ghost.

I don't see this as a cop bashing thread. There are a LOT of great cops out there, then some good ones and others not so good. Its just that this incident is so bizarre that its difficult for anyone to defend the officers involved based on what we've heard.

I tell ya what though, if there are more one legged, one armed guys out there this badass we need to send them to Afghanistan to end the war once and all!
Ya gotta admit, thats funny!

This happens all the time. It's not just once. That's the issue.

Its easy to say that when the only thing you see is bad videos and bad news reports, when is the last time you saw a news report or video of a LEO doing something good? No one wants to report or hear about that. I guarantee you if you went out and tried to find the bad apples of another profession, you could, but nobody wants to. I'm not saying there aren't officers out there that don't deserve to wear the badge. But to criticize and bash a whole profession because of "the latest youtube video" is ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom