• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official Shot Show 2015 Thread

I'm sure Yadaddy can attest to custom build kits pricing.

Hmmm. Well, if we're talking about a custom built AK for three grand...that same money would've bought me 3 of the AKs in my collection. Counting the cost of even a medium expensive kit: a US receiver, compliance parts and the gunsmith's building cost - $1000 is about average. Maybe if you went nuts with engraving and more build time we could get it to $1500. Not sure what they are doing for 3K. That's Krebs Custom money.

One lottery win and I'd gladly shell it out for what Krebs and others charge, but till then...

I love glocks as much as anyone here, but every shot show thread turning into a Glock thread is getting old.

Anyone else putting out a high capacity 10mm? If Springfield tossed out an XDm version Id get in line. A reasonably Priced HK?

Im not a Glock fanboy but at one point they cornered the majority of market. Now they are playing catch up. Kinda like the Iphone vs whoever. G42 was a waste of metal.

Ive seen more AR post in this thread and they all look alike. I've had so many offers for people wanting to trade out of ARs it borderlines on ridiculous.

Its sad what Sig is offering in 10mm. Makes me think they hired Homer Simpson for ideas.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Well, if we're talking about a custom built AK for three grand...that same money would've bought me 3 of the AKs in my collection. Counting the cost of even a medium expensive kit: a US receiver, compliance parts and the gunsmith's building cost - $1000 is about average. Maybe if you went nuts with engraving and more build time we could get it to $1500. Not sure what they are doing for 3K. That's Krebs Custom money.

One lottery win and I'd gladly shell it out for what Krebs and others charge, but till then...

I was mistaken. Their 7.62x39 custom build AK's run $1800-$2300, not the $3000 that I originally quoted.

Regarding the question earlier about Red Jacket. Joe Meaux has broken away from Red Jacket and is making a fresh start with a new company called Aklys Defense. I saw them at SHOT Show and didn't put the two together until I was talking to a friend of mine that is pretty deeply connected in the industry when he told me the connection. I found this story to go with it if you're interested.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...et-us-try-out-their-fully-automatic-products/

I am really glad Joe "landed on his feet" somewhat. I really enjoyed the show and know that he has great business sense. It is too bad Will had to rip him off as well as others. Maybe will see a redo of SOG show with the new group. Here's hoping, anyway!

Back
Top Bottom