• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Oh boy! I can't wait to get on the ODT!

Most of the site revenue comes from page views and advertising. Not so much "Supporter" status. Hell, I have a supporter badge. I think I paid the site 5 bucks 4 years ago and now have that badge for life.
If you know how and where to research, you can obtain the same data that the IRS collects about revenue generating forums such ad ODT. I saw a forum owner receive an audit that was mind boggling. :)

I commented on some of the members post that were selling ammo asking them to take $.01 per round profit and become a site supporter and got an infraction. It wasn't a negative comment or popcorn.

:yield:

Because the infraction system is only based on moderator judgement. If that moderator uses poor judgement in everyday life, it transfers to anywhere that that mod has some sort of perceived rank.

Last edited:
Because the infraction system is only based on moderator judgement. If you use poor judgement in everyday life, it transfers to anywhere that you have some sort of perceived rank.

I was being sarcastic. Hell I deserved it. I was being a smartass. Are you saying that I use poor judgement in everyday life? And that it transfers to the ODT? I actually have rank on the ODT?

Yes, it gives them a safe haven to list their items for whatever they want without getting harassed by know-it-alls who can't mind their own business.

Part of the "mission statement" for this site was to be welcoming to new members. Believe it or not, some people are new to guns and new to this site and don't know everything about everything. So, if said new guy joins up and posts an item for sale at a price that everyone thinks is too high and he gets slammed with 200 posts about being a flipper and a gouger who doesn't deserve to live, do you think he is ever coming back? And to add to that, he tells everyone else that the ODT is just full of a bunch of know-it-all assholes who can't mind their own business.

I'd rather be referred to as a haven to flippers and gougers than be referred to as a site full of know it all assholes. I will never for the life of me understand how so many grown men who probably consider themselves conservatives are so obsessed with what other people do with their own stuff.

Thanks so much.

Damn the feed!!! I keep leaving this thread and then the feed drags me back to it. I don't know what to do I can't get out. HELP!!!!!

Yes, it gives them a safe haven to list their items for whatever they want without getting harassed by know-it-alls who can't mind their own business.

Part of the "mission statement" for this site was to be welcoming to new members. Believe it or not, some people are new to guns and new to this site and don't know everything about everything. So, if said new guy joins up and posts an item for sale at a price that everyone thinks is too high and he gets slammed with 200 posts about being a flipper and a gouger who doesn't deserve to live, do you think he is ever coming back? And to add to that, he tells everyone else that the ODT is just full of a bunch of know-it-all assholes who can't mind their own business.

I'd rather be referred to as a haven to flippers and gougers than be referred to as a site full of know it all assholes. I will never for the life of me understand how so many grown men who probably consider themselves conservatives are so obsessed with what other people do with their own stuff.

I like ths. Alot. Keep up the good work man.....

Back
Top Bottom