• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Oh the outrage! WHY!

This made me laugh out loud. There is a distinct separation of quality of character between the anti-rights vs. pro-rights folks on Kroger's FB page. I honestly hate it for Kroger to be caught in the middle. But ignoring them is accepting them and this we should never tolerate.

So Daniel Jacob, level headed, posting well worded retorts and comments post this and Douche nozzle Michael Potterrf post a picture to ridicule and demean him. It didn't seem to work out.

https://www.facebook.com/Kroger

i57.tinypic.com_k3b2at.png

So I see some of you are upset over my picture. Well just so you know I am trained in the use and safety of my sidearm. I did not do it for attention. I took the photo to post on Kroger's page to show them that I supported them on one of the days that MDA had tried to set a do not shop at Kroger Holliday. I actually carry openly all the time everywhere I go as long as it's legal to carry there.

You have my support as well. :thumb:

Oh, yeah sure has. I'll bet a lot of die hard anti-gay rights folks have mustered acceptance for homosexuality. What's the old conservative battle cry? "Don't force your beliefs on me!" "Don't push your gay lifestyle down my throat!"Ever heard conservatives say that? I have, and I'll bet you have too.I think you've illustrated the absolute folly of open carry as a means for garnering acceptance of firearms in public. Pushing your agenda in a public way, especially when you use fear as a motivator is childish, short sighted, and ultimately damages our right to bear arms.Again, thanks a lot open carriers. The list of "no gun" businesses continues to grow thanks to your efforts.
Of course it does nothing for the foamers. They will never be swayed. 10 years ago it was unheard of to see two gay men kiss on tv, 20 years ago it was unheard of to see two gay men on TV period. Today...not so much. The hard core anti gay are still every bit anti gay as they ever were, nothing is going to change that just like nothing is going to change the hard core anti gun. However as seeing homosexualailty has become more and more common, society has also become more and more accepting.

Nope, as soon as it looks like the evidence for which they have based opinions might be shaky, the discussion stops. These threads aren't about learning, discussing, etc....they are just about spouting opinion and getting high fives from people of the same philosophy.
Don't pull that crap with me. I'm one of the few people on here who openly admit that something you posted made me rethink and eventually change my opinion on something.

17 pages. How many here have actually taken one minute out of their lives to contact Kroger?

I did (personal info redacted)....

Dear ************
Thank you for contacting The Kroger Co. We appreciate you for sharing your thoughts with us. We value your feedback and will share it with our leadership team.
Thank you again for contacting us. If I can be of further assistance, please simply respond to this email or call 1-800-576-4377.

Thank you for shopping with us.

Sincerely,

Tanika
Kroger Customer Connect
The Kroger Family of Stores
[Broken External Image]:<>

In order for Kroger Customer Connect to respond to your reply as soon as possible, it is important that the subject line of this email not be changed. Changing the subject line of this email may result in a delayed response.

Reference: 196******
Your Comments: I see where Kroger has been pressured to implement a weapons free policy within your stores. I shop at your stores often (my wife a LOT more) and am thankful it is very convenient. ***********************************. Despite that, we'd both like to thank you for NOT caving into illogical emotionally based hysterics from a small minority to form your stores' policy and to simply adhere to local laws. I do hope people who do carry will do so respectfully and discreetly but even those that choose to be publicly obnoxious about it are assuredly not a threat. Victim disarmament zones are infinitely more dangerous than the misconceived threat of legally armed citizens by the uninformed agenda driven minority. We will make it a point to frequent your stores even more often (immediately after hearing this I went to make some purchases at the nearest Kroger even though I had intended to purchase elsewhere). Thank you again for being a sane voice.

Of course it does nothing for the foamers. They will never be swayed. 10 years ago it was unheard of to see two gay men kiss on tv, 20 years ago it was unheard of to see two gay men on TV period. Today...not so much. The hard core anti gay are still every bit anti gay as they ever were, nothing is going to change that just like nothing is going to change the hard core anti gun. However as seeing homosexualailty has become more and more common, society has also become more and more accepting.

Yes, equality has gained some footing, but trying to force out public fear (which is exactly what open carry incites in a lot of voters) with more exposure is not productive. Logical or not, when people see folks open carrying it conjures up scary images. I can't imagine that "acceptance" will ever be precipitated from exposure to firearms in public for a majority of voters.

Yes, equality has gained some footing, but trying to force out public fear (which is exactly what open carry incites in a lot of voters) with more exposure is not productive. Logical or not, when people see folks open carrying it conjures up scary images. I can't imagine that "acceptance" will ever be precipitated from exposure to firearms in public for a majority of voters.

Difference of opinion I suppose. I know that when I moved here from New Mexico (a state where open carry has always been legal, just never done) I was taken back the first time I saw somebody walking through the store with an exposed 1911 of their hip. It didn't scare me, it just wasn't something I was used to seeing so it caught my attention. 5 years later, I don't even think twice now when I see someone with a gun on their hip. It has become a common site for me so I don't even give it a second thought.

Back
Top Bottom