• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oil pan gasket leak

Excellent. My buddy's dad works at a shop (They do lawnmowers and boat engines too) and gets excess for free and then does a custom blend and gives it to me. It's a blend of 5 different single weight oils. It's better in all temperatures that way.
You really have to adhere to OEM oils in new cars. The tolerances are much tighter now and they need that 5W initially to circulate as fast as possible. I can be done but I wouldn't do it for nothing.

You really have to adhere to OEM oils in new cars. The tolerances are much tighter now and they need that 5W initially to circulate as fast as possible. I can be done but I wouldn't do it for nothing.
firefly-speechless.gif

I was no doubt. Spent may a year behind a wrench. Just never worked on a 2009 Mazda. Built 3 Camaros and and 1 T/A in that year but that was in my garage after my years under a lift.
My knowledge and experience only pales in comparison to yours.

My knowledge and experience only pales in comparison to yours.
If you are a certified mech. now I don't pretend to have the knowledge you have off hand. Can I repair something like that? Absolutely but I wouldn't attempt it without the proper manuals and specs. Just like I referred to when I was a mechanic. Anybody working on something like that without that info is a idiot.

Out of curiosity how many of you giving advice are actually mechanics?
Not a mechanic, but I have decades of experience with driving high mileage vehicles :p
Drove an old Ford truck in my youth that dripped or burned about a quart every couple of months.
It was cheaper to just add oil at regular intervals than to repair it :D

I know all too well what it was like to be broke and every week it seemed like something else took any money I had left. 💸 💸

If you are a certified mech. now I don't pretend to have the knowledge you have off hand. Can I repair something like that? Absolutely but I wouldn't attempt it without the proper manuals and specs. Just like I referred to when I was a mechanic. Anybody working on something like that without that info is an ELITE idiot.

If you are a certified mech. now I don't pretend to have the knowledge you have off hand. Can I repair something like that? Absolutely but I wouldn't attempt it without the proper manuals and specs. Just like I referred to when I was a mechanic. Anybody working on something like that without that info is a idiot.
Every shop manual, bulletin, blueprint, or anything else resembling a mechanical document, it’s right there at your fingertips (95%), if you only know where to look. Sometimes it will cost you, most times not.

Every shop manual, bulletin, blueprint, or anything else resembling a mechanical document, it’s right there at your fingertips (95%), if you only know where to look. Sometimes it will cost you, most times not.
I am done with that crap. No more! My back can't do it. My knees are shot and my rotator cuffs are blown so much I can't sleep on one side but 45 min.. I am restricted to recliner sleeping. That's why I went to firearms. Cleaner, smaller, much, much, much cheaper. I can work at my own pace and I can dig up info without having to pay for it. It's a refreshing change from building nitrous motors and installing complete performance suspension mods. I really wish I was able and had the resources I had but the body sets the limits. I just fall in line. Ya dig?

Back
Top Bottom