Okay how many of y'all are building ARs right now?

Hey, I bought a stripped lower for almost $150 and when I tried to build it discovered it was out of spec..it works but it's now a dedicated pistol lower I never shoot.

Commercial vs Mil? I learned that the hard way too. I also bought a stripped lower for $100 something a couple years ago, went to hammer the pin on the trigger guard, hit my thumb, screamed $#@% then hit the lower just right to make it completely unusable! It's now hanging in my shop as a reminder for me to NOT lose my temper LOL

Commercial vs Mil? I learned that the hard way too. I also bought a stripped lower for $100 something a couple years ago, went to hammer the pin on the trigger guard, hit my thumb, screamed $#@% then hit the lower just right to make it completely unusable! It's now hanging in my shop as a reminder for me to NOT lose my temper LOL
It was a forged lower but some of the threads were off a little, either not cut deep enough or in far enough. The grip screw would only thread about halfway. I bought the correct size taps and fixed everything but it still just didn't feel right.

Just built one for my son, but he doesn't want it......so it's going on the block this weekend. Daniel Defense upper with FDE and tan furniture, etc. I thought it was nice.....not his style though.

I use knipex plyers and have put away the little hammer for putting in pins. No worrying about breaking or marring up the receivers. The plyers aren't cheap; but worth it if you build more than a couple.

I'm still in parts gathering mode. I did trade for another complete lower two weeks ago. It's a New Frontier LW15 complete lower. I had planned to rob all the parts off of it and use them on my TN Arms FDE lower. Then I immediately realized that the trigger hammer and safety lever are all plastic. Back to square one I guess. I really need an upper!
IMG_20160330_135921.jpg

I use knipex plyers and have put away the little hammer for putting in pins. No worrying about breaking or marring up the receivers. The plyers aren't cheap; but worth it if you build more than a couple.

Those would work well. I've built several since my little temper ruined that lower I mentioned earlier. I've got it down now and usually just hold the pin with my hand and tap them in with a brass/nylon hammer and haven't had any more issues.

I'm still in parts gathering mode. I did trade for another complete lower two weeks ago. It's a New Frontier LW15 complete lower. I had planned to rob all the parts off of it and use them on my TN Arms FDE lower. Then I immediately realized that the trigger hammer and safety lever are all plastic. Back to square one I guess. I really need an upper!View attachment 726502

Do you need an upper? I have a complete Colt 16" upper and another 10.5" upper that just needs a BCG and charging handle.

Looking for this Magpul fixed stock preferably in FDE if anybody has one they don't need or like. Oh and how do you know which buffer tube you have just by eyeballing it?
IMG_20160330_135648.jpg

Back
Top Bottom