• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

Put some pics up with prices. I might be. BUT, I am working out of town until Friday, then leaving for vacation on Saturday.

Lol. Busy man. I, on the other hand, am in no hurry. Let's see.. two Aragon Parma SS multi function. $75 each. Both have box and all links.

20170624_185016.jpg
20170624_184836.jpg

That looks good but I don't know if I could stand a rubber strap. I know that I don't like leather bands. I had a Swiss Army many years ago with a nylon band. After wearing it most of a summer I one day noticed a sort of wet dog type of smell that took me a while to locate. Turned out to be the watch band. It had absorbed enough sweat and dead skin in the porous material to start stinking. Aside from that I've always had metal bands. Planning on putting my first Vostok on a nato strap since they look good that way and to see if I can stand wearing one.

When I was playing with the different strap options for my EcoZilla I tried a Nato strap. It looked fine but being so light on the chunk of the Eco Zilla it felt awkward. I usually prefer a metal bracelet over a strap but I have gotten more used to leather and even silicone for some lighter watches that don't need the stainless for balance. I also "special purpose" my watches so that a good band/strap never get's used for sweaty work. That's why I mention that I have a watch for walking the dog and jogging and another for yard work etc. The one I paint in is a plastic digital piece of crap I got at walmart. I HATE when I accidentally reach under a hood or walk through a door at work wearing a good watch. I scratched the crystal on a Citizen Nighthawk and had to put a crystal on it. It hurt my feelings. LOL.

Oh... biggest problem I ever had with a silicone strap is that lint and pet hair LOVE them. I have a white cat and her hair sticks to soft silicone like crazy.

I liked the looks of most of the models I saw on the Lumtec site. The prices however were another story.

Yeah, I haven't paid anything close to retail for any of mine so far. About half of retail price (or less) on all of them, actually (all have been used, so a lower price should be expected).

This brand was one I didnt care for initially (based only on the look of most models), but it grew on me over time.

Yeah, I haven't paid anything close to retail for any of mine so far. About half of retail price (or less) on all of them, actually (all have been used, so a lower price should be expected).

This brand was one I didnt care for initially (based only on the look of most models), but it grew on me over time.
Well I guess you would call it a minimalist look which I like. They kinda remind me of the Oris watches.

Well I guess you would call it a minimalist look which I like. They kinda remind me of the Oris watches.

Lum-tecs definitely have a copycat look for some higher end brands. Some of them look like Bell and Ross knockoffs also.

Here is a lume shot of the 2 that
20170624_162659.jpg
I have now (3rd one is on the way).

Back
Top Bottom