• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

I've been looking at the Deep Blue models a lot today. Seems like they offer a lot of watch for the money. And they use some Swiss movements along with Seiko movements in other models.
I looked at Deep Blue but I couldn't see any real quality difference between them and Invicta. I went through an Invicta phase and still have ONE of them. The Sub Aqua Noma I. And I only have it because it is Swiss made, water rated to 500 meters and #91 of a 2000 piece limited edition run. One of the criteria I TRY to live my now is it MUST have a Sapphire crystal.

Very true. Totally function over form. I have a case full of watches. Still love them, just never wear them anymore.
I have several in my case I never wear. And of the ones I DO wear I usually have to consciously choose not to wear the same few over and over again. All the function is on my cellphone. All the style and fashion is on my wrist. A watch is really the ONLY piece of jewelry a man can wear.

But I do bet that half the time I spend looking at my watches is enjoying looking at them rather than determining what time it is. LOL.

I like Swiss watches like I like Swiss rifles...

image (14).jpeg

Model 1896/11 in the background...

Bought the Tag on a trip through Italy when we took a detour to Lugano after we visited Venice...

Actually think I am going to be selling a couple in the next few days. I'm itching for a Sig P290 for walking/jogging but not itching to spend cash. I just got back from Finland and am going to Miami in a couple of weeks so shelling out a few hundred for a gun might get me beat in my sleep.

Will probably sell this Tissot

20170416_174838.jpg

And this Victorinox (back on it's original stainless band)

20170416_175430.jpg

And maybe this Aragon automatic

20170416_175658.jpg

Not sure about that one though. Summer is almost here and that ine is GREAT with the Hawaiian shirts. Lol.

My wife likes a larger than womens size watch and when she said she liked my Aquaracer I GLADLY gave it to her. I was a little less glad but still had no qualms when she liked my Tag Formula One. LOL. So, I'm currently Tag-less but not unhappy. Most Tags are smaller than I like any way. I prefer the 45 MM range. And besides, a Tag or two is a small price to pay to maintain a 20+ piece collection. Oh yeah...she liked one of my Victorinoxes too. Heh, heh.

View attachment 1139280
I would have hesitated on letting the TAG go.....:D

I like Swiss watches like I like Swiss rifles...

View attachment 1139325

Model 1896/11 in the background...

Bought the Tag on a trip through Italy when we took a detour to Lugano after we visited Venice...
Sweet. We are planning on going to Rome and Venice but next years trip will be to see my wifes friends and family in Hamburg Germany and Moscow with a few days in St. Petersburg Russia. The year after that though, without fail, it's Italy or bust.

Back
Top Bottom