• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

image.jpg
Watch.watch I know I've heard of them but haven't seen one ..Must be something really old people used to use......Like spats and tab collers...
This.

And you drive a VW Beetle, own one change of clothes(well two - one for laundry day), live in an undecorated apartment near work, have ONE handgun(if any) and eat the same three meals every day.

Life is about enjoying the luxuries while you can. Monotony is the killer of the soul. Functionality, while important, is not the mother of art, music or pleasure. Watches, fine pens, clothes, shiny cars, savory cuisine and rich, heady beers, are all function elevated to art. And all should be savored as they enrich your soul, not dismissed as extravagant or irrelevant.

I looked at Deep Blue but I couldn't see any real quality difference between them and Invicta. I went through an Invicta phase and still have ONE of them. The Sub Aqua Noma I. And I only have it because it is Swiss made, water rated to 500 meters and #91 of a 2000 piece limited edition run. One of the criteria I TRY to live my now is it MUST have a Sapphire crystal.
I had an Invicta until last week when I tried to get a new battery for it down here. It was all but impossible. So after seeing it on my dresser one too many times and getting frustrated I walked out on the front porch and threw it as far as I could into the woods across the road.

And you drive a VW Beetle, own one change of clothes(well two - one for laundry day), live in an undecorated apartment near work, have ONE handgun(if any) and eat the same three meals every day.

Life is about enjoying the luxuries while you can. Monotony is the killer of the soul. Functionality, while important, is not the mother of art, music or pleasure. Watches, fine pens, clothes, shiny cars, savory cuisine and rich, heady beers, are all function elevated to art. And all should be savored as they enrich your soul, not dismissed as extravagant or irrelevant.
Damn! That second paragraph could have come straight from a Rolex or Omega ad.

:)Ya don't want to see the one I wear every day. I got it thru Amazon for less than $10, and half of that was shipping. It has a heart monitor. It is also accurate to around one second every six weeks. With time changes, it's never more than 10 seconds off.
:)
Yes I'm into functional.

I had an Invicta until last week when I tried to get a new battery for it down here. It was all but impossible. So after seeing it on my dresser one too many times and getting frustrated I walked out on the front porch and threw it as far as I could into the woods across the road.

Try finding a link for one of their bands. LOL. Sold one because I needed ONE link. Couldn't find it anywhere. Only the whole band on their site and it was out of stock. I've had Swiss Legends and Red Lines that I could never get comfortable with. But most of the Invictas I had were OK. One brand that is less expensive (< $150) that I really like is Brandt and Hoffman. Most of them can be had for under $100 but my favorite set me back $129. Darn! Now on eBay for $86.99 shipped.

s-l1600.jpg

Try finding a link for one of their bands. LOL. Sold one because I needed ONE link. Couldn't find it anywhere. Only the whole band on their site and it was out of stock. I've had Swiss Legends and Red Lines that I could never get comfortable with. But most of the Invictas I had were OK. One brand that is less expensive (< $150) that I really like is Brandt and Hoffman. Most of them can be had for under $100 but my favorite set me back $129. Darn! Now on eBay for $86.99 shipped.

View attachment 1139399
That one is pretty sweet. If i had crazy money I would get a Hublot Big Bang and/or an Audemars Royal Oak.The Big Bang has to be one of the coolest watches on the planet.
Oh and if any of yall have been inspired by me to order a Vostok you can get them from a company called AMDiver.com out of Dresden Germany. They sell them a little higher but the shipping is faster and they do in house custom bezels and bands that look really good.

Back
Top Bottom