• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Oldest Form 1 or 4

How was the process back then compared to today? I was just a young Lad playing with GI Joe toys then.
Haha. About the same as now days.I think it took me about 5 months to get my hands on it.Of course that was in the days ahead of full blown iternet which makes you wonder why does it take 5 months now?

I'm not going to dig my Form 4 out of the safe, or the copy from my range bag, but my first NFA stamp was for a M11/9 submachine gun that I picked up in 1990 or 1991, if I recall correctly.

A DIFFERENCE IN THE PROCESS: My "passport photo" was a snapshot my buddy took of me standing on the top of a fire observation tower in Arkansas, with the sky and miles of forest in the background. These days, your passport photo has to have an utterly plain background. I had my actual U.S. passport delayed a few years ago by using a photo of me standing against a painted cement block wall, and they said that the visible seams in between the rows of blocks meant that this was not a plain background.
I think they (State Department, passport division) are a bunch of idiots power tripping over the rules they love to enforce, but...

Back
Top Bottom