• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

On our 31st wedding anniversary......

Congratulations to all you lifers out there, nothing like love & loyalty. Met my wife and started dating 7/8/78 and were married about 6 1/2 months later so next January will be 42 years and two sons for us. It ain’t ever really been easy but it’s been the time of my life and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. We agreed from the start that everything can be worked out except stepping out on the other and neither one of us believes in fooling around.

Congratulations to all you lifers out there, nothing like love & loyalty. Met my wife and started dating 7/8/78 and were married about 6 1/2 months later so next January will be 42 years and two sons for us. It ain’t ever really been easy but it’s been the time of my life and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. We agreed from the start that everything can be worked out except stepping out on the other and neither one of us believes in fooling around.

ummmmmm How did you have two sons? :boink: :)
just funnin, good on you buddy :thumb: I knew we were close to the same age / story.
I never in my wildest dreams ever really thunk about "fooling around" with a grandma... but here I am...:pound:

We're at 27!! The most quoted acceptable reasons for divorce should be addiction, abuse, and adultery. I would add someone with mental illness who refuses to be treated (as in a diagnosis of some serious chemical imbalance that the sufferer refuses to get treated and predisposed their spouse and children to actual physical harm).

We're at 27!! The most quoted acceptable reasons for divorce should be addiction, abuse, and adultery. I would add someone with mental illness who refuses to be treated (as in a diagnosis of some serious chemical imbalance that the sufferer refuses to get treated and predisposed their spouse and children to actual physical harm).
Only 2 acceptable (but not mandatory) reasons. Matt 5:31-32 and 1 Cor 7: 12-16.

I met my first wife in 1974 @ 16, we married at 19, and had two kids by 22, 4 grand kids by 50, I think she is going to keep me.:) She flips a coin every morning to decide if I can stay with her another day, 43 years worth of days in July... I am so blessed!!!
She must have a two headed coin and keeps calling heads ! :rolleyes:

Thats what we said....everything can be worked out except infidelity. No cheating!!
We sorta went backwards at it....met, fooled around with each other , she put the spell on me fo sure!! She moved in, got preggers, had the best little girl ever, got married 7 months later!
i regret none of it ! :)

I figured one thing out. Most of you are OLD codgers lol
I like being old except for the pain, being broke, cant work, cant sleep from having to get up to pee every hour, hearing has faded, eyesight aint worth a damn, i gotta use a cane, i cant work on my own car anymore, all my hair has either fell out or gone gray, you cant trust a fart, all four wheels on my truck are bent, all my friends are either dead or in the hospital, food taste like crap, hell- even my dog stays away from me.....but i love getting old other than that ! :laugh:

The most quoted acceptable reasons for divorce should be addiction, abuse, and adultery.

Also: Running out of ketchup.

Seriously, the wife and I are pushing into our 29th year. But I come from divorced parents, and I learned from that experience, some people can't be fixed and shouldn't be in a marriage. You can't always know who those people are ahead of time, so I don't hold divorce against those who go that road. Just shouldn't be done lightly.

Way back when, before I met my wife, I dated a woman for a year who I was head over heels about. She dumped me and I suffered for a long time over it. I look back now, with clarity aided by time and maturity, and realize I would have been divorced within a few years if I had married that woman.

The woman I did marry is a much better partner than the woman who dumped me.

Marriage is work as well as joy. Marriage is partnership, which means mutual sacrifice for the betterment of both as well as the entire family. It's a great way to experience life.

ummmmmm How did you have two sons? :boink: :)
just funnin, good on you buddy :thumb: I knew we were close to the same age / story.
I never in my wildest dreams ever really thunk about "fooling around" with a grandma... but here I am...:pound:
Lol! Yeah, I think we talked about this before. Our grandkids are a little different, we have two and they have four legs, fur and they bark. lol! BUT, they’ll never ask for money, or my car and they’re ALWAYS happy to see us.

Thats what we said....everything can be worked out except infidelity. No cheating!!
We sorta went backwards at it....met, fooled around with each other , she put the spell on me fo sure!! She moved in, got preggers, had the best little girl ever, got married 7 months later!
i regret none of it ! :)
Hey, as long as it works right?! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom