• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One Purpose of Private Messaging

NY63

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
220   0
Reaction score
When a member posts an item for sale it is implied that he would like to be contacted via private message. In some cases he will even state in his ad that interested parties should make offers by PM.

Like everyone here, I was a FNG too, but I sure as heck didn't make a stupid low-ball offer as a reply to the OPs ad.

And before all the low-ball people go crazy, I'm talking about offering 25% off what is already a reasonable price for a new gun. We all know that offer will not be taken seriously.

When a member posts an item for sale it is implied that he would like to be contacted via private message. In some cases he will even state in his ad that interested parties should make offers by PM.

Like everyone here, I was a FNG too, but I sure as heck didn't make a stupid low-ball offer as a reply to the OPs ad.

And before all the low-ball people go crazy, I'm talking about offering 25% off what is already a reasonable price for a new gun. We all know that offer will not be taken seriously.

^^^THIS!

How much was the item? Because "reasonable price" on ODT could mean a police trade in, lnib, Glock 22, no box, 1 mag for $500. :p
Yeah, I know. My definition of "reasonable" for a new firearm is about 5-10% under retail. I'm not talking about what flippers charge for used Glocks, M&P's, Sigs, etc.

I've had some lowballers get mad when I didn't take their offer.

Guy wanted to trade me an Xd in 357sig for a rifle package worth $700 .

I said how much boot you got and he got all bent out of shape ........ Kinda funny and I lol'd a little :8)

Back
Top Bottom