• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Only in GA?

See, it’s **** like this why I keep telling my wife that now that her Mom has passed and neither one of our sons even live in Newnan anymore we need to sell this house and get the hell outta here. We have nothing but this house and her a few of her sisters in this area and she’s always said “We live on the opposite end of the county from her sisters for a reason.” There’s literally nothing but this house holding us here. I want out…..
Yea, I think my Brother in Law did the same thing. Moved to north Ga. To me, we need to leave Ga. all together. Thing is I've been all over the continent and like the climate here overall

Took a few years after my wife’s mom died. Change is hard and she was born and raised in Atlanta, lived there her whole life. Watching your old neighborhood change and crumble around you isn’t fun, though. Just gotta figure where you want to land and rip the bandaid off.
Agreed, it is hard. Most of our family is in the area

lostchild lostchild said

Took a few years after my wife’s mom died. Change is hard and she was born and raised in Atlanta, lived there her whole life. Watching your old neighborhood change and crumble around you isn’t fun, though. Just gotta figure where you want to land and rip the bandaid off.

I don’t think it’s gonna take too long to convince her. I had my own “encounter” with a newly released from prison geeked out animal about two and a half years ago, don’t want another one.
What happened?? If you don't mind sharing

Newnan is going to **** since it went from the "City of Homes" to the sea of ghetto trash apartment complexes. Anytime day or night there's knuckle draggers walking on well worn paths down the side of the roads
We moved down here to the Newnan area a few years ago from Richmond VA.(after the Saint Floyd of fentanyl riots) We really liked it. At first. In the last 3 1/2 years since we moved here it has gotten noticeable worse. Homeless/vagrants, families begging outside grocery stores (if you've seen em, you know who I'm talking about), groups of 10 or more "teens" at Ashley park throwing up finger guns at people. Really sucks. And thats just the few years we've lived here.

I guess you never ate at one in Gwinnett. They all be ghetto fabulous.
Yeah, haven’t been in there in probably 10-12 years. Back then it was just mostly poor white folks who’d never tasted actual fresh wild caught seafood. We always called it “The Loobster” after the Cheers bit between Cliff and Norm.

What I did miss when we were still in Atl metro was the old Crossroads restaurant on Peachtree St. with the all you can eat lobster tails special.

Back
Top Bottom