Opinion of home security camera systems

I am looking into purchasing a home camera security system and would appreciate any feedback, suggestions or recommendations. The system that I am leaning towards is the Arlo system by Netgear. I want a system that I can monitor with my iPad and iPhone that uses wireless cameras. Thoughts?
I use Arlo. The magnetic mounts are awesome, batteries last forever, and it's simple to set-up. The only drawbacks I've noticed are the lack of constant recording and the app can be a little slow to start up on Android.

I have the arlo system; initially purchased the 3 wireless camera set and then added 2 wired cameras. Have worked great for the past 2 years.
another vote for Arlo....4 cameras for almost 2 years, no complaints. The one farthest from the hub is for wildlife and frequently catches deer and yotes. This pair of yotes has been coming around once or twice a week for about a year.

videotogif_2019.07.09_08.25.37.gif

But don't buy the cheapest models, they are only 720p and the batteries suck. I have 4 HD cameras and the batteries last 2-3 months depending on how many times they are activated. The above image is in night vision mode but there is a light about 30 feet away.

[edit] GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet - Speaking of perps looking right at the cameras, this guy was just hungry...

videotogif_2018-06-27_09-06-31-gif.1677946

Get a camera with a little video screen underneath it, and when the alarm is activated have the screen come on showing some footage of strippers pole dancing naked.

I guarantee whatever burglars are in your home will come running up to it, pull off their sunglasses, and stare right at the monitor to watch the show at least for a few seconds until they read they realize it was bait.

Get a camera with a little video screen underneath it, and when the alarm is activated have the screen come on showing some footage of strippers pole dancing naked.

I guarantee whatever burglars are in your home will come running up to it, pull off their sunglasses, and stare right at the monitor to watch the show at least for a few seconds until they read they realize it was bait.

Most of them can’t read - :rolleyes:

I am looking into purchasing a home camera security system and would appreciate any feedback, suggestions or recommendations. The system that I am leaning towards is the Arlo system by Netgear. I want a system that I can monitor with my iPad and iPhone that uses wireless cameras. Thoughts?

I use Arlo Go to monitor a rental storage and my home - The rechargeable batteries last a little over two weeks on high resolution - it’s cellular - with my plan it only cost $20 per camera per month added to my Verizon service - It has sound and motion alerts - battery notifications - automatically records events - Well worth the peace of mind

Mom & Dad have 4 WiFi Arlos on the farm that preform well as well

I’m extremely satisfied with the product and highly recommend it in either model

Back
Top Bottom